X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that is why one iota

Comment

.242/.311/.383. Still bad.

0.31 K/BB - only ahead of Stanton, Boner, and guys like Barden and Maybin (tied with Cantu's who's the worst and so on and so forth). Still worse.

30.0 K%, ahead of, again, the pitchers and Maybin and Stanton. When I think "professional hitter," I think of a guy who strikes out at an obscene rate. Still worst.

And on top of that, his comments to the media make him seem like that asshole uncle that nobody wants to listen to, but they have to listen to the asshole uncle because their Dad says they do.

Great performance today aside, fuck him. I still hope he gets traded for some relief prospects.

Comment

I only dislike him because Rich and Tommy like him so much. But when he starts he always does something productive, so the more Wes, the merrier I shall be.

Comment

I don't think he goes seeking the media. The media seeks him because the rest of the guys are a bunch of Dan Ugglas. I think if I had a 1-on-1 conversation with Dan Uggla, my brain would eat face after 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
            He's so much better as an everyday player. Goodness.
            2010:

As a starter: 78 PA, .306/.359/.500
            Off the bench: 54 PA, .146/.241/.208

2009:

As a starter: 162 PA, .258/.290/.351
            Off the bench: 72 PA, .302/.380/.397

He's been very good this year as a starter. Without a doubt. But last year he was worse as a starter than off the bench. And both seasons, he's in that high 600's OPS range - which is a bit better than 2007 and 2008 when he was at .665 and .645, respectively.

Point: he's played great as a starter this year. Maybe it's worth riding the hot streak for awhile. But I wouldn't expect it to continue - largely because his BABIP as a starter is a whopping .358.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
            I don't think he goes seeking the media. The media seeks him because the rest of the guys are a bunch of Dan Ugglas. I think if I had a 1-on-1 conversation with Dan Uggla, my brain would eat face after 2 minutes.
            Cody and Baker are not Dan Ugglas. They may not be future Nobel Prize winners but they can speak without sounding like Uggla.

The rest of them? Yeah, maybes. But it's not just that Helms is the only guy quoted - it's what he says that makes him an asshole.

Plus I remember rampus saying one time that half the team hates him or something like that, so hey, that's another reason why Fuck Helms.
            Last edited by wanks1212; 07-25-2010, 06:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

yea the media goes to wes because most of the team is retarded (save Baker and Cody)

Comment

according to JCR he's the latest Marlin to get creamed

there had to be a better way to word that, Juan
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

According to me, he's still shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                    According to me, he's still shitty.
                    Quite frankly, I don't give a damn. Good performance today. Cheese doodles.
                    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I still hate him, but it's amazing how much better he is when given 4 or 5 AB's. Especially in those 4th or 5th at bats.

Comment

I like him.

AWARD-WINNING INSIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                          I like him.

AWARD-WINNING INSIGHT
                          You gon be an outcast for not boarding the hate train.

Comment

We can be outcast together.

Outkast.

Our album is gonna be dope.

Comment

Can I be the one that doesn't say 4eva, 4eva eva, 4 eva eva?

Also, before we hate Wes Helms because half the team doesn't like him, I'd like to know who doesn't like him. Hanley def hates him because Hanley is a 5 year old. Most on here hate half the team anyway, so if that half of the team hates Wes Helms, perhaps Wes Helms should not be hated, or those who hate Wes Helms might just be a Mike Lamb or like one of the hated handfulls of bullpen arms.

Comment

Lots of Mike Lambs around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X