No announcement yet.

Fish Snatch Defeat From the Jaws of Victory, Lose 3-2 to Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's getting really close to point where we can officially say that we got a heaping pile of dung in exchange for Cabrera and Willis.

Oh, and Fredi gon git fired real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sashimi View Post
      It's getting really close to point where we can officially say that we got a heaping pile of dung in exchange for Cabrera and Willis.

Oh, and Fredi gon git fired real soon.
      Andrew Miller walked 6 in Jupiter! It's like the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

Hanley didn't care yesterday... but he did care the day before and that wasn't enough
        --------------------
        Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
        Incredibly infuriating to see it in person sitting behind home plate. The entire time the relief pitcher was warming up, Hanley was goofing off on the side with Cantu and other people in the dugout. Had his back turned to the pitcher the entire time. He didn't see a single warm-up pitch. And, he proceeds to swing like an idiot right out of the box rather than at least taking the first pitch.
        Because he didn't see the same exact pitcher throw the night before? I'm sure he was aware of the pitches sergio romo had. Not paying attention to his warm-up pitches had no effect on the AB. It was just a terrible AB...
        Last edited by kylekash; 05-06-2010, 08:49 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Plenty of time to goof off during the 21 hours that he's not playing in a regular season game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            It's not like CC is turning it around. He had a 6 game stretch from the 24-30 where he had 9 singles, two walks, and 9 Ks in 25 ABs, and that was his big turn around. He's been dreadful.
            You do realize that's a .360 average and a .407 OBP, yes? I mean I know everyone has their favorites to both root for and pick on, but come on man.
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

psssh, talk to me when it's a .410 OBP

Comment

Originally posted by Absolute Zero View Post
                You do realize that's a .360 average and a .407 OBP, yes? I mean I know everyone has their favorites to both root for and pick on, but come on man.
                Yes. I do realize that.

It's a completely empty 6 game sample based on a .563 BABIP with no power and crappy plate discipline. It's really not good.
                poop

Comment

I'll take .407 from Cam with no power and crappy plate discipline.

Pass it on.

Comment

That's not really the point.

His "turn around" was fueled by the same crappy approach that caused him to suck in all his other games. There was nothing sustainable or skill based behind it, it was just blind luck in 6 games.
                    poop

Comment

I love how whenever Bobbob posts anything, the response is always "Well Maybin sucks wiener."

Comment

I'm not entirely sure that is something you want to say.

Coghlan's bad start (lack of power aside) was also fueled by an incredibly low BABIP so, in an incredible over simplification, he was due for some "good luck."

Secondly, if we throw out any 6 game stretch we arbitrarily decide to be an aberration then Cam's basically worthless. Like super duper worthless without anything to fall back on.

Lastly, Maybin sucks wiener.

Comment

his bad start was characterized by bad at bat after bad at bat, not just a low BABIP. That's my point. His bad approach continued in that 6 game stretch, but balls were falling. It doesn't mean his approach wasn't still awful.
                          poop

Comment

Working...
                          X