X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Fish Snatch Defeat From the Jaws of Victory, Lose 3-2 to Giants

We suck.

The bullpen did not suck tonight.

When Fredi loses his job in a few weeks, Beinfest/Samson/Loria will probably say something like "this team is not clutch" as part of the justification.

Comment

Not very solid.

Comment

Actually, the score was 3-2. Just nit-picking.

Comment

Well now that we officially suck I guess it's safe to be pessimistic. whew.

Hanley had a good AB in the 8th. That one belongs in his worst 10 AB's so far in his bright career. And then Cantu brought the lolz.

In all seriousness though, SFO is just flat out a better team than us in this series with who they have on the mound. I think they can get to Cain tommorow early and Nolasco should be able to hold them to under 3 runs. I'm confident about tommorow.

Comment

We all knew Zito was going to make us look stoooooooopid.

Comment

One game under .500. It's official!
              poop

Comment

Red herring, BUT aside from San Diego, the Marlins have never played well against Cincy, SF, HOU and at COL. We've only played the NL East 9 times.

Comment

It wasn't Timmy or Zito that has beaten us in this series though. Anibal and Nate kept us in the game to have opportunities to win these games. What's frustrating is the inability to finish off these games whether it's closing out the game or getting that one hit to tie/go ahead it just never seems to come together at the same time.

Comment

My first game of the year and sign guy is the most infuriating person I've ever seen at a sporting event. Despite maintaining a cold, emotionless face, the guy seems to be getting more and more demented every year. "BELIEVE IN MARLINS..." is retarded so is "FISH FOR "REEL"". WTFF, this guy is dumber and more annoying than the Marlins marketing department.

Also, Cameron Maybin is garbage. How long are we going to keep a worthless crap as our leadoff hitter? Are we really making the same exact mistake two years in a row. Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me...fool me you can't get fooled again.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Well, I don't think him and Boner are the same thing at all as one has some semblance of a minor league track record and also who would you like in the leadoff spot? Chris Coghlan who's been even worse?
                      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                        Well now that we officially suck I guess it's safe to be pessimistic. whew.

Hanley had a good AB in the 8th. That one belongs in his worst 10 AB's so far in his bright career. And then Cantu brought the lolz.

In all seriousness though, SFO is just flat out a better team than us in this series with who they have on the mound. I think they can get to Cain tommorow early and Nolasco should be able to hold them to under 3 runs. I'm confident about tommorow.
                        Incredibly infuriating to see it in person sitting behind home plate. The entire time the relief pitcher was warming up, Hanley was goofing off on the side with Cantu and other people in the dugout. Had his back turned to the pitcher the entire time. He didn't see a single warm-up pitch. And, he proceeds to swing like an idiot right out of the box rather than at least taking the first pitch.

Comment

Chris Coghlan at least has a major league track record and will be alright eventually. Cameron Maybin has never showed he can be counted on to get on base, and that doesn't leave much for Hanley to drive in.

And the 8th was really frustrating. I was like "oh shit Hanley up with the bases loaded, we got this shit" and then he swings at three terrible pitches. He clearly cared too much. Then I thought "oh shit the Mexican is up with the bases loaded on Cinco de Mayo, we got this shit" and then he hit into a double play because I was being racist.

I'm hoping this is just a bad stretch where we're on the bad side of a lot of these close games. Eventually we should be on the winning side of some of these. I hope.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I have to say it is kind of refreshing that this Marlins team, the first super-duper Larry Beinfest core, has refused to evolve at all in the 5 years they've been together. There's something kind of awesome about a team that no how, no way, is going to change what it does. It hacks, it sucks situationally and it relies more on talent than baseball IQ. I kind of dig it. Over 5 years as a professional athlete, you have to make an effort to change that little.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                              Chris Coghlan at least has a major league track record and will be alright eventually. Cameron Maybin has never showed he can be counted on to get on base, and that doesn't leave much for Hanley to drive in.
                              I agree, I think he'll be alright eventually, but he's not alright now. He's just as bad as Maybin is right now.

Since Cameron Maybin's last good game (4/15), he has a .200/.250/.267 line and a 35% K rate. Since that same date, Chris Coghlan has a .220/.291/.220 line with a 28% K rate. So maybe an argument could be made that he's been moderately better, but I don't really think any argument can be made that either belongs at the top of the order right now.

It's not like CC is turning it around. He had a 6 game stretch from the 24-30 where he had 9 singles, two walks, and 9 Ks in 25 ABs, and that was his big turn around. He's been dreadful.

As has Maybin, of course.

I'm absolutely not defending Maybin right now except to say that he's not alone in his dreadfulness. I think both of them will be alright because neither is as bad as they are playing right now, but I don't think either one should be singled out, regardless of past success or not. Both are contributing equally to our struggles on offense.
                              --------------------
                              I would like to see both move down in the order, but I'm not sure who I'd want batting leadoff. Maybe Gaby? That will never happen.
                              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 05-05-2010, 11:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                              poop

Comment

Working...
                              X