Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Marlins Make a Deadline Move on July 31st?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
    It would have been ideal to get someone to bat 4th because then everyone moves down and suddenly our lineup is very dangerous. But if he is slotted at 2 everyone 4-8 is still one spot higher than they should be.
    --------------------

It sounds like you are making excuses for this trade. Defense? Seriously? We are looking to upgrade on defense with a player we will only have for 2 months? Sorry 2 months of even Gold Glove defense doesnt even make the difference of 1 win for a team.
    If by making excuses, you mean making great points to prove why it's a good trade for the Marlins then yes. He's making excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
      It would have been ideal to get someone to bat 4th because then everyone moves down and suddenly our lineup is very dangerous. But if he is slotted at 2 everyone 4-8 is still one spot higher than they should be.
      --------------------

It sounds like you are making excuses for this trade. Defense? Seriously? We are looking to upgrade on defense with a player we will only have for 2 months? Sorry 2 months of even Gold Glove defense doesnt even make the difference of 1 win for a team.
      Like I said before; I think some people are really underestimating the impact that Johnson would have on this offense.

Comment

No, won't do shit

sounds about right.

Comment

They did it

Comment

I lost

Comment

I find it cool how close the deal was made so close to the deadline...was like 5 minutes away.

Comment

I was right

But i voted after the deadline passed and we made the move
                I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac!

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                  I find it cool how close the deal was made so close to the deadline...was like 5 minutes away.
                  I think it was actually like two minutes. Good stuff.

Comment

I saw where it was first reported at 3:53.
                    "The Marlins are going to lose because they don't have two magical unicorns having sex in the bathroom"
                    -Dan LeBatard

Comment

I hate your sig

Comment

We probably won't make a deal, but if we do I think we'll get Nick Johnson and cause massive riots on the streets of Washington.
                        Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
                          I hate your sig

I thought it was hilarious.
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Lefty View Post
                          We probably won't make a deal, but if we do I think we'll get Nick Johnson and cause massive riots on the streets of Washington.
                          A bit late there eh?
                          Last edited by all black marlins hat; 07-31-2009, 06:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          "The Marlins are going to lose because they don't have two magical unicorns having sex in the bathroom"
                          -Dan LeBatard

Comment

Working...
                          X