No announcement yet.

Marlins Go Down 8-4 in Series Finale to Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really really dumb to compare growing to "like" a catcher to growing to like a corner infielder.

Comment

Oh.

You convinced me!
      poop

Comment

It's pointless to try to convince you since this is going to just turn into a numbers game where you again reenforce your complete lack of understanding of the game outside of what is statistically quantifiable.

60% of the catchers in the league would be out of a job if they could not catch, they have a job purely because they strap on the tools of ignorance and play a position many others cannot. You are held to a different standard of expectations as a catcher, it starts and ends with your glove except in very limited exceptions. If more players were capable of catching, then the evaluation process would be very different.

Now, first base is an important position because it is involved in so many plays, but the evaluation does not begin and end with the glove, it's looked at as a cheap position to grab production because literally anyone can play 1B. That's why Gaby ended up there after we tried him at 3 different positions. 1B is your last resort.

When you have a player at a position literally anyone can play, it's silly to say we can grow to like him citing evidence of us growing to like a player who plays a position not many can play.

Comment

You're in one of those moods, huh? Well, I'm on my lunch break, so I'll just try to avoid getting into a pissing match.

If Gaby hits enough, he'll stick. If Baker didn't hit, he wouldn't have stuck, despite being a catcher. They'll grow to like whoever produces for them. They had Baker for like two full seasons producing in AAA and had one of the worst catching situations in the game and it took a couple of injuries and failures to get him a shot.

Of course, if Gaby hits like Baker and not a 1B, they won't like him. The key is relative
          production. If he shows he can be better than whoever else the alternative for his roster spot (note, not necessarily better than Morrison) is, he'll stick.
          poop

Comment

Oh, you convinced me! It's all about offense, even when comparing traditionally the weakest offensive position to the strongest! Anyone can catch! And it doesn't matter if there's a superior prospect pushing Gaby! Awesome!

Comment

Alright!

Back to the grindstone.

While I'm gone, read the part of my post where I said "relative production".
              poop

Comment

If Gaby is hitting this well down the line, I don't see him being moved on the diamond in place of LoMo.

Besides, the last thing this team wants to do is start someone's clock.

Comment

Their biological clock?
                  This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

OK! Bye bob!

Comment

Tik tok on the clock but the party don't stop
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        If Gaby is hitting this well down the line, I don't see him being moved on the diamond in place of LoMo.

Besides, the last thing this team wants to do is start someone's clock.
                        Even if LoMo is torching AAA?

I mean, at some point it's not just not starting someone's clock, it's also holding someone back.

Comment

But if Gaby is league average or better, I just don't see it happening and I don't even think it would make sense unless they believe LoMo would go all .900 OPS or better on us.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                            Tik tok on the clock but the party don't stop

Comment

Why aren't we ever willing to play Logan in the outfield? I mean, we did it to Cabs, and Hammer, and CC.

Hehe, I just remembered Cabs used to be a shortstop. He would've been the fattest shortstop in baseball.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Miggy used to be non-fat.

Comment

Working...
                                X