X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Guardado pitch in ST.

He's done.
    --------------------
    In an alternate universe, Edgar Gonzalez would be amazing.
    Last edited by Nick; 04-21-2010, 11:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

lol nick

Comment

Originally posted by TealMonster08 View Post
        I understand that our bullpen blew tonights game, but two infield singles, and a "triple" that should have been at most a double...it wasnt totally an implosion. Im a little scared at our offensive production lately, but Im not overly concerned with anything that has happened in the last two games, not any more so than I already was.
        There may have been 2 infield hits but the only one that was iffy was Matsui's little nub that stayed fair. The other infield hit was dead in the hole and Hanley made a great effort to even get to the ball.

The thing that got me from your post was that of all things to be worried about you choose the offense?

They have scored 5 or more runs in their in 9 of their last 11 games. With a 2and a 4 spot stuck in there.

My only problem so far with the offense has been Cody and Coghlan haven't gotten going yet. I feel Coghlan will snap out of it and he will begin to hit soon. Cody I hope will start hitting but if he doesn't he better watch out for the Big Dog in AA to come up and take his job.

This lineup is the only reason why this team is above .500 and has 8 wins. The bullpen is truly atrocious I really do not remember ever having such a terrible bullpen on this team.

Comment

Let's bring in Mike Hampton, he was our highest paid player for years so he returning to a team he did so much for might rejuvenate his career.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
            Let's bring in Mike Hampton, he was our highest paid player for years so he returning to a team he did so much for might rejuvenate his career.
            Well Loria did pay most of his salary when he was in Atlanta......I never did understand why we were doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by DolfanJake View Post
              Well Loria did pay most of his salary when he was in Atlanta......I never did understand why we were doing that.
              The Marlins got rid of some very bad contracts in Preston Wilson ($27.5 million & Charles Johnson ($25 million). The Marlins also acquired Juan Pierre in the deal. Then the Marlins shipped Hampton to Atlanta and with it all said and done they got rid of dead weight and even with paying a portion of Hampton's salary the Marlins were still ahead of the total they would've had to pay other players. Plus, the next season the Marlins won the World Series, so in the end it all worked out.

Comment

The Marlins originally wanted Hampton in that deal, but Hampton didn't want to play for the Marlins and he had a no trade clause. So in order to make the deal happen and drop the two bad contracts as mentioned above, the Marlins turned it into a three way deal with Atlanta. We got Tim Spoonybarger (sp?) and then he blew out his arm and never pitched again. In order for Atlanta to make the deal we had to pick up a big portion of Hampton's contract.

Comment

Yeah, Hampton didn't want to pitch for the Marlins because he wanted a chance to pitch for "a team that has a chance to win the World Series."

Good call, Mike.

Comment

Can't blame Hampton for thinking that though

Comment

Can we blame him for collecting checks with more time spent on the DL then actually pitching?

Comment

We saved money in the deal, iirc

Comment

Well, now that I think about it I guess if we were paying him, it actually benefited us more for him to be on the DL then pitching for a division rival... that was a good deal!

Comment

To be honest, this series is as infuriating as it is totally expected. Losing a series that was laid out like this one has been one of the constants this franchise has had as long as I can remember.

Here's hoping this means we can parlay this into beating the Pirates later on in the year!
                            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                            - Daft

Comment

Bold prediction: If the season comes down to the Pirates series in September, the Marlins will forfeit all four games.

Comment

Working...
                              X