Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Sign Jorge Sosa to a Minor League Deal

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...w-orleans.html
    The Marlins earlier this month signed right-hander Jorge Sosa, formerly of the Rays, Braves, Mets, Cardinals and Nationals. Sosa spent the last week in extended spring training and in the coming days will report to Triple-A New Orleans. For the time being, Sosa will pitch in the rotation.
    A veteran of eight seasons and 272 major league games (88 starts), Sosa had his best year with the Braves in 2005. He was 13-3 with a 2.55 ERA in 44 games (20 starts). In 125 games (27 starts) with four teams over the next three seasons, Sosa had a 5.81 ERA.
    Sosa, who turns 32 on April 28, signed a minor league deal with the Red Sox in January. He arrived late to big league camp because of a visa issue and appeared in just four Grapefruit League games, giving up three runs on eight hits with no walks, five strikeouts and a .348 opponents’ batting average in five innings. The Red Sox ultimately released him.
    Marlins catcher Ronny Paulino was teammates with Sosa in the Dominican winter league. Sosa went 1-2 with a 2.79 ERA, 13 walks and 53 strikeouts in 48 1/3 innings (20 games, four starts) for Licey.
    “He threw a lot of strikes with all his pitches,” Paulino said. “He wasn’t throwing as hard. He was throwing like 92, 93 whereas before he would hit 95, 96, but now he’s throwing more strikes
    Bullpen sav'd

Spoiler:
    not really
    Last edited by Fish and Chips; 04-21-2010, 09:28 PM.
    Originally posted by Matt Wilson
    Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
    Tom Koehler(4-0)
    AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

why the hell not

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        I know. What a waste of like 12k a month while he's in the minors.
        poop

Comment

He cant be any worse than Jose Veras, which makes me wonder just how shitty Macdougal and Mcclung were, that they couldnt even make it into our bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            I know. What a waste of like 12k a month while he's in the minors.
            I was ing at the overall state of our pen. Not this move in general. Although Sosa does suck.

Comment

Working...
            X