No announcement yet.

Nate Robertson Outstanding As Marlins Beat Phillies, 2-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great series for the Marlins.. now if they can only figure out to win the first game of series we'd be set!

Comment

Originally posted by Jewbility View Post
      Can I bequeath the next game thread to someone else...I want to keep my luck for games that matter.
      They all matter.

Comment

I reaaaaally wanted someone to say that
        Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
          Ground Balls-Fly Balls: N Robertson 11-4

Ground Balls-Fly Balls: C Volstad 8-7

Maybe that plays into it more?
          Sure, but I think a lot of people just dislike Volstad because he's been a relative disappointment in his career and, at least on this board, because MBa likes him so much. So I think perception matters. People are going to hold him to a much higher standard than Robertson, who people have fairly low expectations for.
          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-18-2010, 03:48 PM.
          poop

Comment

I am so fuckin in on it.

This is super serious fun.

Comment

It's also an expectations issue too. I don't think anyone expected anything from Nate-Rob. So, performances like today are gravy. Also, we're not looking at him as a long-term option in our rotation, like we are with Volstad. That is going to somewhat dictate the level of analysis that goes into evaluating performances by Robertson and Volstad.

Comment

I understand why the inconsistencies exist. I was just defending her because I don't think what she said was necessarily wrong.

I'm pissed that I'm going to have to go two days without watching the Marlins. At least it's finals week, so I can study.
                poop

Comment

Keep hittin Cam

Comment

I always believed in NRob.

Comment

I watched the last few innings in a sports bar with Phillies fans who were so sad.

Comment

Comcast was messing with my cable trying to fix my Extra Innings pack. Is Tuesday's game not on tv? I'll be at the game and can give everyone scouting reports if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewbility View Post
                          Can I bequeath the next game thread to someone else...I want to keep my luck for games that matter.

And in one little 20 word post Lefty ensures that the Marlins will drop 2 of 3 to the Astros.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Ephin Lefty

Comment

At least Philly fans aren't pussies that won't fight.
                              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

What an amazing start by Nate Robertson today. I love his line. I LOVE this guy!

In other nonrelated news, it's a good thing the Fish are in Houston this week. It's going to be raining for most of the week and you-know-who's spot in the rotation is coming up.

Comment

Working...
                                X