Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning After: Marlins 10, Red 2, Cantu 14

The Miami Herald
    After the Reds tied it, the Marlins regained the lead with a pair of runs during a third inning in which they sent eight men to the plate. Maybin socked a line-drive home run to left off Harang in the fourth to make it 4-1. While Chris Coghlan has been out the past two nights with an injury, Maybin has taken over in the leadoff spot and gone 4 for 7 with three walks, which could tempt Gonzalez to leave him on top when Coghlan returns.

But it was the fifth inning that was Harang's undoing.

The Marlins sent 10 to the plate and scored four times, with Cantu driving in the first run and Baker producing the last. In between, Ross knocked in a pair of runs with the first of his two doubles. He also drove in a run with the second double.

The 10 runs were the most scored this season by the Marlins. They have now scored 55 runs, and Cantu has driven in 15 of them.

Cantu's streak at 14, but several join Florida Marlins' RBI parade

South Florida Sun Sentinel
    Thursday, Maybin had two singles, a walk and in the fourth off Harang hit his first homer. The solo shot to left came on a 2-2 pitch.

"The first day Fredi came in and told me don't change anything," said Maybin, who as an added bonus homered on a day in which his idol, Jackie Robinson, was recognized around the game. "I went back and looked at some film on days that I struggled. It's all about swinging at strikes, making guys work. Leading off, I've been really trying to make a conscious effort of making guys throw strikes and really swing at my pitch. It's been working."

Maybin takes the lead in Marlins? 10-2 win over Reds

Palm Beach Post
    Johnson wasn't himself to start the season, surrendering 13 hits and seven walks in just 10 innings in his first two starts. It took about three innings Thursday to settle in but when he did, he said it was the first time he felt in command all season.

"I just found that rhythm I've been looking for," he said. "I was starting to throw my fastball down in the zone, where I want to. Finding my tempo and everything."

Josh Johnson, Jorge Cantu make their marks in Florida Marlins' 10-2 win over Cincinnati Reds

Keith Law is a Tool

Keith Law was trolling the halls of Dolphin Life Joe Player Shark Stadium on Wednesday and was none too impressed with Jorge Cantu doing something no other major league player in the 139 year (!!!) of the league has done.

Our very own Chris Towers summed it up nicely:
    Law is way too extreme in his views. He sounds like someone who just discovered Baseball Prospectus and hasn't had the time to think about the nuances of sabermetrics.

It's like he's on a witch hunt against "traditional" stats.

I don't disagree with everything he's saying, but he's way too extreme. Cantu's streak is fun. I don't think it means he's an amazing hitter, but he's absolutely killing it so far this season. To underplay that because of his anti-stat vendetta is silly.

Stuff

Burke Badenhop doesn't know what to do after saving games....CC and BC are BFFs....Fredi is impressed with the Dolphins acquisition of Brandon Marshall....Cameron Maybin goes deep for Jackie Robinson....Felo Ramirez described the Mermaids as having "una presencia interesante" ("an interesting presence") during last night's broadcast on WAQI...Cody Ross plays catch with his son, Hudson, after every home game (as if we needed another reason to love Cody)

If we say Keith Law's name enough, will he surface?

Comment

He will!

But he won't post.

Comment

Awwwww

Comment

he doesn't wanna be banished to that bay by gaf island

Comment

Chris Towers?

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
              Chris Towers?
              bobbob

Comment

bobbob

Comment

ah okay. I don't know your real names outside of the Birnbach

Comment

*fist pump*

Comment

I know MattWilson's real name.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I know Festa's real name.

Comment

you know mine fip
                          --------------------
                          true story: fip once quoted me in a college paper when he went to syracuse because i ran a marlins fansite
                          Last edited by emkayseven; 04-16-2010, 02:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

So he sucked at socializing and at school?

Comment

Furthermore, according to MGay7's blog, George Kelly had quite the nickname and was taller than a whooping crane!

Comment

Working...
                              X