No announcement yet.

Cantu Continues Streak As the Marlins Beat the Reds 10-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can't rep you if you keep editing while i click on rep so now i won't rep you
    Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

I'm done. Rep away.

Comment

I'm going to tax your edits.
        poop

Comment

Thanks for the recap on Keith Law. Thats what I meant.

I gots DTV so, I can watch the Fish. Thats the only reason i got DTV. Its awesome. I love I can use my iphone and DTV app to record. It's pretty epic. Also, I now remember that on TnB....the Kieth Law Incident.

Cantu is my constant.

Comment

Only you bob. You are in the top 5%. CC is bottom 5%.

Comment

We can give bob's edits to CC?

Comment

SFM.com does not have a negative income tax.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
                  Also, I don't find Law's analysis to be correct. I think that fact that the streak extends over consecutive games means something as well, which I'm sure he would disagree with.

Baseball only has one stat that is an end unto itself, a win. Everything else is a means to that end. Now, someone who knocks in 10 RBI in 10 consecutive games is providing more value to his team than someone who knocks in 10 RBI in a single game, for example. Or, to use a "valuable stat," 10 HR in 10 games is more valuable than 10 HR in a single game. Assuming identical performance in all other plate appearances for that player over the course of those 10 games, the team where the guy hits 10 HR in 10 games will, on average, win more games than the 10 HR in one game player.

This is due to the law of diminishing returns. Within a single game, the added value of an additional run diminishes the further you get away from a tie game because the team's win probability is being affected less and less.
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

KEEP HOPING AND DREAMING AND YOU WILL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO
                    --------------------
                    I'm the one who told Keith he should have been aborted. I now wish it was a partial birth abortion.
                    Last edited by Metes; 04-16-2010, 01:16 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I just watched that Marlins Will Soar video on Youtube. It was shit on by pretty much the entire site I think. I dont know if its the song itself or the fact that everyone seems to hate Scott Stapp.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

It is the fact that it is the most hilariously bad piece of anything ever made in forever. But it is fucking awesome

Comment

I never had any idea Scott Stapp had such intense passion for the Marlins. I wonder if he posts on here. My money's on tjfla.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

He was penis34.

Comment

If only Mets_virus.exe made it over.
                              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Working...
                              X