X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea, Law's a jerk

shocking

Comment

But he seemed like such a pleasant chap that one time he came to the old place and was told he should have been aborted

Comment

Easily the greatest day in Marlin messageboard history.

Comment

Was that here or T&B?

Comment

T&B
            --------------------
            I heard he's like beetlejuice, if you say his name 3 times, he joins the board.

Keith Law, Keith Law, Keith Law
            Last edited by Swifty; 04-15-2010, 11:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
              This is baseball!
              THIS IS SPARTA

/obligatory
              Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Anyone wanna give a recap?

Also, I'm officially in on it.

Comment

I had a guest of our show ask me if I posted on a Marlins message board because he heard someone bad mouth him on there.

Comment

huh?
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Ice View Post

JJ pitched very well, albeit laboriously. Fish tattooed Harang for bunches of doubles. Maybin got a HOMER. Cantu got an RBI doubs. Uggla got 3 hits. Carroll was the only Marlin starter to fail at hitting. Uncle Helms/Gaby made a pretty wild play to end the game. We won.
                    Last edited by Jewbility; 04-15-2010, 11:27 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Ice View Post

On Keith Law:

Someone posted an article of his on T&B, he showed up and joined the site to defend his honor, the locals got angry, tarred and feathered him, told him he should have been aborted and then we banned him. All in all, a great day in internet history.

For tonight:

We hit the ball hard with our boomsticks and bullpen hilarity did not ensue.

Comment

Easily the greatest day in Marlin messageboard history.
                        I take full credit. The high point of my admin career.

Comment

On Keith Law:

Someone posted an article of his on T&B, he showed up and joined the site to defend his honor, the locals got angry, tarred and feathered him, told him he should have been aborted and then we banned him. All in all, a great day in internet history.

For tonight:

We hit the ball hard with our boomsticks and bullpen hilarity did not ensue.
                          And a glorious day it was!

Comment

I think Swift forgot to mention we didn't know it was him til after

Comment

I knew!

Comment

Also, I don't find Law's analysis to be correct. I think that fact that the streak extends over consecutive games means something as well, which I'm sure he would disagree with.

Baseball only has one stat that is an end unto itself, a win. Everything else is a means to that end. Now, someone who knocks in 10 RBI in 10 consecutive games is providing more value to his team than someone who knocks in 10 RBI in a single game, for example. Or, to use a "valuable stat," 10 HR in 10 games is more valuable than 10 HR in a single game. Assuming identical performance in all other plate appearances for that player over the course of those 10 games, the team where the guy hits 10 HR in 10 games will, on average, win more games than the 10 HR in one game player.

This is due to the law of diminishing returns. Within a single game, the added value of an additional run diminishes the further you get away from a tie game because the team's win probability is being affected less and less.
                                Last edited by CrimsonCane; 04-15-2010, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X