Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning After: Reds 10, Marlins 8 F-11

The Miami Herald
    ``I don't know about the rest of the team, but I got a couple of headaches the last couple of days,'' Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez said.

On a night when umpires used video replay to take away one home run, it was RBI singles by Votto and Phillips off Dan Meyer in the 11th inning that brought the Marlins down to defeat in yet another cliffhanger, 10-8.

Florida Marlins fall in 11 innings to Cincinatti Reds

South Florida Sun Sentinel
    As was the case in the series opener, the Marlins tied it late but could not complete the comeback. Cody Ross knotted it with a three-run homer in the eighth. It would have positioned Leo Nunez for a ninth-inning save had Jose Veras not given up three hits, including back-to-back doubles, as part of a two-run Reds eighth. Veras has allowed runs in each of his four appearances for an unsightly 15.43 ERA.

Reds win another in extra innings

Palm Beach Post
    On Monday, Ricky Nolasco served up three home runs in his first five innings. On Tuesday, the Marlins trailed 6-1 by the fourth inning after Nate Robertson gave up two three-run home runs.

"They weren't pitches I could get away with ? center cut, right down the middle. Cement mixers," Robertson said of the three-run homers hit by Jonny Gomes and Ryan Hanigan.

Marlins drop second straight extra-inning game despite Jorge Cantu's heroics

No Pintos Allowed

Marlins executives were not impressed with last night's showing and immediately held a closed door meeting somewhere in the bowels of Land Life Joe Player Park Stadium.

Jonny Gomes thinks Jorge Cantu is not a first-rounder, silver spooner type of guy.

Reason 1,534 why CB Bucknor is the worst umpire in Major League Baseball.

I love Jonny Gomes. Wish he was a fishy
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

You almost feel bad for Fredi when he has to go to the pen... he knows he's fucked

Comment

Fredi is the bug more often than he is the windshield.

Comment

Working...
        X