Cantu Makes History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cantu Makes History

With his 5th inning RBI single in Tuesday's game against Cincinnati, Jorge Cantu took home a little piece of baseball history. As the Elias Sports Bureau notes, Cantu became the first major leaguer since George "High Pockets" Kelly in 1921 to have a hit and an RBI in the first eight (8) games of the season. Kelly is the only other player to have such a streak. For those wondering, Kelly ended that season for the New York Giants with a slash line of .308/.356/.528 with a 130 OPS+ and an impressive, league-leading 23 home runs to go along with 122 RBI. I would definitely take that from Cantu this year.

And for those curious people like myself, George Kelly was nicknamed High Pockets because he was a whopping 6'4" tall, according to his 1984 obituary in the New York Times.

.308 .356 .528
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Jorge Cantu sucks

Everyone knows that

Comment

I still don't like him, but I like what he is doing so far in twentyten

Comment

Cantu ain't that great defensively, but man, I fucking love that guy. Every time he comes to the place with a RISP, I just feel like we're gonna score.

Comment

Working...
        X