No announcement yet.

Kuroda, Dodgers Spoil Home Opener for Fish, 3-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully we can win the next two and prevent the Dodgers from being able to hop off the plan at LAX with their dream and their cardigan.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
      Fredi on Pinto from today:

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
        Examples(that strange Japanese/Swedish techno song thing doesnt count)
        Trust me, you have, dont ask me where though
        Originally posted by Matt Wilson
        Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
        Tom Koehler(4-0)
        AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Maybin was atrocious defensively. He takes a step back on every flyball. It must be an OCD thing.

/Festa as Absolute Zero on Absolute Zero's couch

This is Festa.
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Absolute Zero View Post
            Maybin was atrocious defensively. He takes a step back on every flyball. It must be an OCD thing.

/Festa as Absolute Zero on Absolute Zero's couch

This is Festa.

If you use atrocious as an adjective for his play last night then what word(s) do you use to describe players who made costly errors last night?

Comment

Shitastic and Pintoesque are interchangable.

/Festa as Absolute Zero on AZ's couch

This is Festa.

I am moderately angry.
              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
              - Daft

Comment

Is it ok if I call Hanley atrocious defensively because he double clutches every single throw?
                poop

Comment

Shitastic and Pintoesque are interchangable.

/Festa as Absolute Zero on AZ's couch

This is Festa.

I am moderately angry.
                  Why wasn't I invited?!

Comment

Many coaches teach that, when you're in the outfield, your first step should ALWAYS be back, especially when you're in doubt as to whether you're coming in on a ball or going back on a ball, because it's easier to make up ground coming in (if you erroneously step back) than it is to make up ground going back (if you erroneously step in).

No idea how Maybin's been taught, but I wouldn't be surprised if at some point he was taught that his first step should always be back and he's carried that with him through the minors.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      I would like to publicly apologize to Festa, it appears he was not the one who was calling me a poopiehead at the Marlins game today.

Boo, we lost.
                      <<<333

Comment

Id rather an outfielder be bad on balls in front of him while defending against XBHs, just as a general rule of thumb.
                        poop

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                          Many coaches teach that, when you're in the outfield, your first step should ALWAYS be back, especially when you're in doubt as to whether you're coming in on a ball or going back on a ball, because it's easier to make up ground coming in (if you erroneously step back) than it is to make up ground going back (if you erroneously step in).

No idea how Maybin's been taught, but I wouldn't be surprised if at some point he was taught that his first step should always be back and he's carried that with him through the minors.
                          This. It's universally taught here.

Comment

Yeah, pretty sure it is taught everywhere. In the first two games, the bigger problem was that Maybin wasn't just taking a drop step back with whichever leg was necessary to open up right and get a good jump, but he was taking multiple steps back before coming in. I am not sure whether he can blame it on the wind or he generally has a poor recognition of balls hit in front of him.

Comment

I know it's just 4 games or whatever, but Hanley looks like poo defensively

major step back for me

Comment

He doesn't care

Comment

Working...
                                X