No announcement yet.

Marlins Fall 7-1; Season Declared Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get that, I just don't think it makes a big difference, so I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it.

I know it might seem like I'm just defending Gaby, but I really just don't think it's that big of a deal, beyond "It's something everyone does". He should do it, but I don't expect it to make a difference.

Maybin, on the other hand, looked like crap yesterday in the field, and there's not really a defense of it beyond he had a bad game in tough conditions. But I think he'll be fine.
    poop

Comment

Personally, I think not stretching is a big deal. There is no reason not to do it. It's like not wearing a cup. You don't have to do it, but it will hurt you eventually.

Comment

Yep, if you stop stretching, where does the lethargy end!? Tis a slippery slope
        Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          Personally, I think not stretching is a big deal. There is no reason not to do it. It's like not wearing a cup. You don't have to do it, but it will hurt you eventually.
          Fun fact I learned while watching baseball tonight... Placido Polanco doesn't wear a cup when he plays second base because he has "short stubby legs" according to Tim Kurchin. He does, however wear one while playing third because according to him it would be crazy not to.

Comment

That actually makes a lot of sense. You have to be a lot more mobile at 2nd and a cup can hinder that. And 3rd base is called the hot corner for a reason. A pulled ball gets to you a lot faster than a ball to 2nd.

Comment

you can get hit in the balls at the plate though

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                you can get hit in the balls at the plate though
                Batters hit in the scrotal account for just 1.52% of all HBP.

Comment

Nything over 1% for that area is reason enough for me.

Comment

More like anything over 0%
                    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                    - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Jewbility View Post
                      Batters hit in the scrotal account for just 1.52% of all HBP.
                      Please tell me this is true.

Comment

It depends on how you define scrotal

Comment

Working...
                        X