Hanley's New Jewelry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanley's New Jewelry

Hanley Ramirez will be carrying home Saturday an impressive piece of jewelry.

About 20 minutes before the Marlins faced the Cardinals at Roger Dean Stadium, team owner Jeffrey Loria presented Ramirez with a special gift to honor the shortstop for winning the 2009 N.L. batting title.

Loria handed Ramirez a diamond necklace with 342 inscribed on it. The necklace also reads -- Hanley Ramirez 2009 N.L. Batting Champ.

Ramirez won the title with a .342 average, becoming the first Marlin ever to claim tht crown.

Loria surprised Ramirez with the gift, and presented it to him just outside the Marlins clubhouse at Roger Dean Stadium.

http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/archiv...tnerId=rss_fla

WHAT AN ARTSY GAYBOT LORIA SHOULD HAVE SPENT THAT MONEY ON A RELIEF PITCHER I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK IS HE THINKING U KNOW THIS GUYS OUTSIDE INTERESTS LIKE ART ARE GOING TO RUIN THIS ORGANIZATION THIS IS BASEBALL THERES NO PLACE FOR STUFF LIKE THIS U KNOW WHAT IM SAYING
    Last edited by wanks1212; 03-27-2010, 01:40 PM.

he is such an incredible physical specimen
    --------------------
    hanley, not jeffrey
    --------------------
    jeffrey is an incredible specimen if a class were to examine doughy old jewish guys
    --------------------
    do you guys think hanley liked it? that look on his face says "man this is ugly, i gon pawn this shit"
    --------------------
    anyway, why the fuck didn't we spend this money on a 5th starter
    Last edited by emkayseven; 03-27-2010, 01:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Hanley with the late 90's tribal tat. lol

Comment

When Hanley Ramirez jokingly asked owner Jeffrey Loria if he was getting anything special for winning the National League batting title, Loria answered yes. Then he asked Ramirez what size shirt he wore.

Saturday, Loria showed up with a shirt box, only it contained no clothing. Inside was a diamond-studded pendant and chain commemorating Ramirez’s .342 batting average. For the Marlins home opener, the first 5,000 fans would get a replica of the memento before the April 9 home opener against the Dodgers.

“Special effort, special accomplishment,” Loria said. “I just feel inspired from time to time to do things players deserve. Hanley did something magnificent last year. I thought about it at the end of the year and wanted to do something different. I know he gets his trophies and all the accolades that come with it. We don’t wear jewelry on the field, but I know Hanley likes it off the field.”

Ramirez reaction when he opened the box before Saturday’s game: “Oh, my God.”
        http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ontent=Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post

http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/archiv...tnerId=rss_fla

WHAT AN ARTSY GAYBOT LORIA SHOULD HAVE SPENT THAT MONEY ON A RELIEF PITCHER I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK IS HE THINKING U KNOW THIS GUYS OUTSIDE INTERESTS LIKE ART ARE GOING TO RUIN THIS ORGANIZATION THIS IS BASEBALL THERES NO PLACE FOR STUFF LIKE THIS U KNOW WHAT IM SAYING
          Ehe, I didnt notice who posted this first so I assumed the bottom angriness was for real at first

Comment

Ugly.

Comment

I actually think it seems like something Hanley might wear.
              poop

Comment

For the Marlins home opener, the first 5,000 fans would get a replica of the memento before the April 9 home opener against the Dodgers.
                that sentence sucks

"would" is a conditional statement. and way to mention the home opener like 30498 times in the span of 10 words
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

remember that time that i said tonight i'd be on the radio tonight so listen tonight

Comment

Dammit, give him a Chalmers Award!
                    --------------------
                    BTW that thing is tacky.
                    --------------------
                    I guess it's a make-up gift after last year.
                    --------------------
                    Will Hanley demand a trade when he finds out it's made of pewter?
                    Last edited by Party; 03-28-2010, 11:08 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

The fact that Loria has his name on the back reminds me of when Dwight gave Michael the hockey jersey that said FROM DWIGHT on the back.

Comment

When exactly would a human being wear something like this?
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Rap Video?

Comment

Chris Singleton and Aaron Boone both pick Hanley to win MVP

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                              When exactly would a human being wear something like this?
                              Hanley probably wears it every day.
                              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Working...
                              X