Final Bullpen Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation: Final Bullpen Spot

JoeFrisaro: #Marlins Just a gut feeling that the final Marlins bullpen spot will be filled by either a waiver claim or a trade next week. A hunch.
    via Twitter

Take that for what it's worth.

TheHanRam: #Marlins Just a gut feeling that Joe Frisaro sucks.
    via NotTwitter

/norealbearingondiscussion

Comment

The last bullpen spot will come down to Rick VandenHurk, Seth McClung or Tim Wood. VandenHurk and Wood already are on the 40-man roster, which has three openings. The Marlins might have to add as many as five guys: Clay Hensley, Jose Veras, Mike Lamb, Seth McClung and one out of Hector Luna, Brian Barden or Donnie Murphy.

Whoever the Marlins try to outright off the 40-man roster would have to clear waivers. If the Marlins aren’t comfortable with the thought of losing two guys currently on there, that could mean Wood makes the Opening Day squad instead of McClung.
      Florida Marlins lose Hayden Penn off of waivers

Comment

Down to Wood or RVH, I guess.

Marlins release Seth McClung
        Sanchez life

Comment

i would send hurk down and put him in the rotation in nola. keep him stretched out incase of injury in the ml rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
            i would send hurk down and put him in the rotation in nola. keep him stretched out incase of injury in the ml rotation.
            Same, and I've always liked Wood over all the guys we signed so I like this news

Comment

wood was solid last yr too.. he hasn't done anything to not warrant being there either. unless the org. thinks they owe it to hurk

Comment

Keep Hurk as a starter would be a nice safety net incase someone in the rotation is sucking or gets injured

Comment

I'd be happy with Jose Veras out and in with Wood and Hurk.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Thank god McClung's gone. Not a fan of his.

Comment

because he had his own championship belt?

Comment

Dangit! And I had JUST gotten prime seats for the bullpen olympics this summer with the stupid bullpen pack... I should demand a refund now that McClung is gone.

Comment

Well, at least we gave McClung a Florida geography lesson and he now knows that Jupiter is not in the Tampa area.

Comment

Working...
                          X