Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
    did you watch them?

i'm really not a big fan of using UZR to rate a 100 game sample size of two guys. let's talk next year at this time.
    agreed with you here

watching Stanton and then watching Heyward, you could easily see which one was better out there (Heyward)

now this is not to suggest that Stanton can't improve 10fold (ten)

Comment

i negged that one too for celebrating a neg
      You're a big vagina.

Comment

lots of sand

Comment

soon to be a pearl
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Must be tight.

/holy shit has then been completely derailed haha

Team Stanton!

/back on

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
              agreed with you here

watching Stanton and then watching Heyward, you could easily see which one was better out there (Heyward)

now this is not to suggest that Stanton can't improve 10fold (ten)
              Easily?

From what I saw, Stanton looked pretty darn good out in right field this year.

Comment

did you see any of heyward? did you see anything of stanton's besides one of his 2340928 assists?
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

My observation: Stanton is not a poor fielder. Heyward is not an exceptional fielder. Both are average/average+ with Heyward appearing "faster."

Comment

did you see any of heyward? did you see anything of stanton's besides one of his 2340928 assists?
                    What did you see of him that would lead you to believe he is a poor fielder, assists aside?????????????
                    poop

Comment

i never said he was a poor fielder, ever ever. look at all the things i said. i only said that heyward was better and appeared better by watching the two. stanton's assists are what brings up a lot of the points about him being a better fielder.

stanton is an average to above average fielder, and heyward is firmly above average, in my opinion. fielding stats are fielding stats. if you use 2 fielding stats, there are three opinions. when we're talking about comparing people who are still developing and who have a total of 240 games between them, i'm gonna use my judgment first.

Comment

No; I saw absolutely nothing of my favorite team's right-fielder.

Personally, I think it's a little ridiculous to dismiss Stanton that quickly defensively when comparing him to Heyward, especially when the numbers favor him (regardless of whether or not you think the sample size was too small, because it really isn't THAT tiny).

Comment

I was board so I went looking through old threads.

Team Stanton:

Team Heyward:

Comment

big problem I have with Heyward is that he doesn't play injured

obviously people deal with injuries more than others, but even his teammates are annoyed that he sits out with every bump he gets

Comment

Pretty funny that Stanton has better defensive numbers than Heyward, again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                                Not quite.

Dunn didn't really show the power Stanton has as a younger player, and Stanton actually strikes out a lot more.

But the main difference is that Stanton projects to be a very good defensive player.
                                Stanton strikes out more than Dunn? Show me the stat, because we all know that is not true. Dunn is up there with Mark Reynolds in that category.
                                --------------------
                                I'll take Heyward. Reminds me a lot of a young Ken Griffey.
                                Last edited by jwmann2; 08-08-2011, 11:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                                MLB Ballparks
                                Tell Us About Your Seats at the Game

Comment

Working...
                                X