Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
    Jesus Christ if that true.
    Ya feel same way but doubt they would do it. Just something I heard we have discussed

Comment

I think they just like trolling us.
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

If Skipworth is at 1B and Morrison LF next year, I think I am done with the franchise until ownership changes. I just have no words.

Saying that, I see no reason to not leave Skip in AA next year, move him to AAA midseason, all 2014 in NOLA, and then 2015 see what is up. There is no rush. Over develop him. A great 100 AB isn't making up for 08-11.
        --------------------
        Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Don't laugh but they are considering using him at 1B next year and keeping LoMo in LF

Some guys in the FO want this while others say NO
        If this is real, I want to know who the YES and who the NO people are so I know how to best direct my hatred
        Last edited by lou; 08-08-2012, 03:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I feel like that's probably a bunch of bullshit.
          poop

Comment

Let me rephrase,I read the EMAIL wrong

The "idea" is to next year have Skip start playing 1B in NOLA possibly even Jax not here sorry. The other part about LoMo is we might look at a cheap vet 1B in the offseason,keep LoMo in LF then in 2014 move him to 1B

They are thinking if he can play it somewhat decent AND still hits that they could use him as trade bait OR bring him up eventually as a backup

I read the EMAIL wrong and it's not a given,just talk in the FO cause we got Brantly so no real spot for Skip now.

Comment

Yup.
              poop

Comment

It's still worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  I read the EMAIL wrong and it's not a given,just talk in the FO cause we got Brantly so no real spot for Skip now.
                  This sounds skeptical at best.

Also, having Brantly doesn't make me feel like catcher is solved. The Rangers had Salty, Teagarden, and Max. Brantly, Skip, and Realmuto is light years away from that on a prospect depth level.

Comment

It's still worthy.
                    I'm not really sure how it is.

Some indeterminate number of people in the front office maybe or maybe not thinks he should learn another position, in case he cannot hack it as an everyday player behind the plate? That is ?
                    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      I'm not really sure how it is.

Some indeterminate number of people in the front office maybe or maybe not thinks he should learn another position, in case he cannot hack it as an everyday player behind the plate? That is ?
                      Moving him from behind the plate would be very fip worthy.
                      --------------------
                      And according to "Never Wrong tjifla," it's not because he can't hack it back there. It's because he's "blocked" by Brantly.

The very definition of worthy.
                      Last edited by Mainge; 08-08-2012, 05:27 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I don't see Skipworth giving us any value as a 1st baseman. He'd be worse both offensively and defensively than Gaby Sanchez.

At least as a possible backup catcher in 2014/2015 he'd give us decent defense and a possible power bat off the bench/every few days.

I do believe a Brantly/Realmuto platoon will eventually prevail as the long term catching duo, but Skipworth will probably earn a chance within the next three years to earn himself at least a backup role.

Comment

• I think it is sort of hilarious to think you know how Skip would be defensively at first base.
                          --------------------
                          Moving him from behind the plate would be very fip worthy.
                          --------------------
                          And according to "Never Wrong tjifla," it's not because he can't hack it back there. It's because he's "blocked" by Brantly.

The very definition of worthy.
                          I didn't take it as "He will never play catcher again!"

I took it as "Let's Ryan Doumit him, and see if he can fill a couple of roles on the team long-term, including the big half of the platoon at catcher, plus RHB off the bench."

We criticize the team for not trying players out at other positions in the minors, but instead waiting until they get to the majors to do so. Wouldn't this be a fairly rare example of foresight on the part of the organization?
                          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-08-2012, 05:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          poop

Comment

• Keep him catching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              I think it is sort of hilarious to think you know how Skip would be defensively at first base.
                              I think it's hilarious you don't see that most of your comments on this board come off as smug.

He's played catcher basically all his life apparently. He'd probably not be awful at 1B, as it isn't the hardest position in the world to learn, but he serves more value as a hitter playing catcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                                I think it's hilarious you don't see that most of your comments on this board come off as smug.
                                You're pretty dumb if you don't think I'm aware of that.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X