Cody Ross Calf Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury: Cody Ross Calf Injury

** Cody Ross already has dealt with thumb and groin problems. Now he has a sore right calf. It kept him out of both Fort Myers games. Ross said he hopes to play Friday and ultimately may have to head to the minor league side for additional at-bats.
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ontent=Twitter

He might start season on DL

Bryan Petersen would more than likely take his place

Comment

joecapMARLINS: #Marlins mgr on RF Cody Ross sore right calf & readiness for opener: "I'm not going to lie to you: It's concerning. It really is.''

joecapMARLINS: #Marlins mgr on RF Cody Ross readiness for opener: "You may not have that guy. It's sleepless nights here in the next week or so.''
      via Twitter

Comment

Petersen would be fun

Comment

Manager Fredi Gonzalez expressed serious concern about right fielder Cody Ross’ availability for Monday’s season opener against the Mets in New York.
          Ross has dealt with everything from a jammed thumb to a groin injury to a calf strain. The latter is a keeping Gonzalez awake at night thinking about contingency plans. Ross was the designated hitter in two minor league games over the weekend and did not report any problems. Tuesday, he felt enough discomfort not to do anything.
          Compounding the problem is that Brett Carroll will start the season on the disabled list with an oblique strain. The best right fielder the Marlins have left in camp is Bryan Petersen, who has made the most of his extended look batting .295. The Marlins could also dip back down to Triple-A for Jai Miller or Scott Cousins. Before anyone asks, Mike Stanton is not a candidate.
          With Carroll out, the Marlins don’t have a traditional fourth outfielder. The last bench spot is down to one of three infielders — Brian Barden, Hector Luna or Donnie Murphy. Barden can play left in a pinch. Emilio Bonifacio has seen plenty of time in the outfield and could be a temporary fill-in if Ross’ calf doesn’t sideline him more than a couple of games. Gonzalez said earlier this spring he wouldn’t hesitate to put Bonifacio out there
          Cody Ross questionable for Opening Day

Comment

Stanton?

jk
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

I heard Fredi on the ticket on the way to work, he sounded cautiously optimistic about Cody, BC sounds like he is hurt, and it sounded like they are going to add BP to the 40 man if those two aren't ready to go, even if it's just for a week.

Comment

A couple things... Fredi up all night thinking about the contingency? He stays up at night thinking about Wes Helms? scary.

If Ross starts on the DL does that mean we have to deal Boner getting significant playing time to start off the year? Would be a weird defensive outfield with him Maybin and Cogs... how would the alignment even look? Boner in center Maybin in right? Or play Boner in right? My stomach feels sick even thinking these things... I hope Cody is ok.

Comment

Boner has played a majority of his winter ball games the past three years in right, so I imagine that's where we'd see him.
                  poop

Comment

he's our guy
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Scott Cuz might start in RF

consider me sexcited

sex.

Comment

Cody Ross continues to hold out hope that he will be ready for Opening Day.

Friday was another reason for optimism. Playing in a Minor League game with low Class A Greensboro, Ross had five at-bats as a designated hitter. Although he grounded out and lifted four flyouts, it was an encouraging afternoon.

Ross, who had an MRI on Tuesday, is recovering from a mild right calf strain. Whether he will be ready for the opener will be decided after he plays about five or six innings in the outfield in another Minor League game on Saturday.

The Marlins open on Monday against the Mets at Citi Field.

"We'll see how I feel, and we'll go from there," Ross said Friday. "If all goes well, I'll fly to New York."

If the decision is made that Ross isn't ready, he will open the season on the disabled list, retoactive to March 26. The earliest he would be activiated is April 10. But as of now, the hope is Ross will be ready.

If Ross did open on the DL, and a Minor Leaguer were to be called up, Scott Cousins is the frontrunner to get the nod. The other option is Jai Miller.
                        Cody still hopeful for opener

Comment

/secretly hopes Cody can't make opening day so we can see cuz

Comment

would Cousins start or would Boner

because Cousins doesn't do benches

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                              would Cousins start or would Boner

because Cousins doesn't do benches
                              For all we know this 'calf injury' could be a conspiracy of the front office and fredi to get Boner into the lineup early and hope he explodes like the beginning of last year so they have an excuse to give him 500 ABs again.

Comment

Working...
                              X