Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Willis Likely to Be Released; Should Marlins Be Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Willis Likely to Be Released; Should Marlins Be Interested?

The Detroit News' Lynn Henning expects the Tigers to release left-hander Dontrelle Willis before spring training is through.

Willis has allowed just one run and five hits over 10 innings this spring, but it's probably too little too late. His fastball has not once topped 89 MPH in a Grapefruit League game and the Tigers have a fairly talented crew of pitchers set to head north once camp breaks. The 28-year-old Willis is sure to get a look elsewhere, but we're thinking he's probably finished.
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/359678...s-player_news/

Unreal.

Comment

I can't imagine the Tigers would release him, but if they do we should be all over it.

Comment

It would be a feel-good PR story, but it's highly doubtful he has anything left in the tank.

Comment

Stranger things have happened. Maybe a change of scenery would be good for him and he could be a legit piece on a 40-man somewhere.

Comment

he'd be a fine LOOGY
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

No.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Yes
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Without a doubt. It makes perfect sense.

Comment

Why?

I assume just because we don't have a great rotation lurking for the regular season?

I don't really get the perfect sense thing or the we should be all over it thing.

Comment

Well, our greatest weakness by far is our pitching. So he is in at least the realm of our needs.

But yeah, the perfect sense thing is not making sense to me either. I'm sure the FO will look into it if it's true that DET will release him.

Comment

Yeah, it'd certainly be interesting as most of us, I think, want to see him succeed. But, it has been a while since he has been any good at playing baseball.

Comment

Bring in Lowell while you're at it. It would be nice to have the D-Train back, you don't need a 95 mph fastball to be succesful in baseball, as long as you can locate your pitches and get guys out

Comment

Most of our rotation is ?'s going into the year. Willis has had a good spring and he was good for us. A lot of his problems seem to be associated with anxiety so maybe he just needs a change of scenery to sunny South Florida to salvage his career. I say do it to it.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                              X