Jorge Jimenez Being Offered Back to Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jorge Jimenez Being Offered Back to Boston

joecapMARLINS: #Marlins cut Jorge Jimenez. Rule 5 guy to b offered back to Boston
    joecapMARLINS: Jorge Jimenez's departure from camp means #Marlins get zero major league help from Matt Lindstrom trade
    via Twitter

we did get major league help, as we no longer have matt lindstrom in our bullpen

addition by subtraction, joe capozzi
    Last edited by emkayseven; 03-21-2010, 08:47 AM.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

This is also a vote of confidence in Gaby, since one reason they wanted to keep Jimenez around was in case Cantu would have to be shifted to first on a regular basis.

Comment

Dang, I was hoping Jimenez would do enough to at least make the team as a back-up. Then again, we already have Helms to man the corners, so he'd be buried on the bench.

Comment

Well that was fun, Jorge. kthxbai
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

There's only room for one Jorge on this team. And he has a crater face.

Comment

For all the talk about Gaby's lack of power, I found it very odd that there were people who were actively rooting for JJ2 to get the 3rd base job.

He's not quite a Bonifacio-esque slap hitter, but he's definitely lacking in the power department.

I'm glad Gaby appears to be getting his shot. I seem to be one of the few people that believes he's quite capable of an .800 OPS.
              poop

Comment

We should also have Mike Lamb on the bench as a lefty/corner infielder. Hopefully he can produce somewhat like Gload did last season. He has a bit more pop than Jiminez.

Comment

#Marlins exchanged several names with #RedSox on trade before returning 3B Jorge Jimenez to Boston. Could revisit possible deal later. #MLB

http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/10893953878
                  ----

So does that mean they asked for Lowell, Jimenez, and $10 million for __________________

Comment

I would guess yes

Comment

Or does it mean they tried to include Jimenez in a deal so that the Sox wouldn't have to pay for him?
                      Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

My guess is we offered to trade them Jiminez for a free Lowell, they countered with Lowell paid for Tucker or West (two guys Theo's been after in the past) and we said no dice.

Comment

Why would we offer to trade THEM Jimenez when they were about to get him for free? Think about that, it makes absolutely zero sense and always has.

It was us offering them pieces so that we could keep Jimenez, and sounds like we might trade for him later.

Comment

Well they wouldn't have gotten him for free, but considering who they are it effectively was free.
                            Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

It also means that for Lindstrom, we received 25k instead of JJ2

Comment

Working...
                              X