Jorge Jimenez Being Offered Back to Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nny View Post
    Why would we offer to trade THEM Jimenez when they were about to get him for free? Think about that, it makes absolutely zero sense and always has.

It was us offering them pieces so that we could keep Jimenez, and sounds like we might trade for him later.
    Because they're sending money back to us.

It's not *poof* Jiminez is back, it's, ok, here's Jiminez, now we'll take our $25,000 please. It's an exchange, the Marlins would simply be trying to change the terms of the exchange.

Comment

I'm a little confused.

Aren't the Marlins on the hook for the original 50k for JJ2, or did the Astros pay that?

Also, I thought that due to the Rule 5 rules, for a JJ2-Lowell swap to work, the Red Sox would first have to decline an offer of JJ2 for 25k first. You can't circumvent that offer back. Is that wrong?
      Sanchez life

Comment

Idon't know who JJ2 is but I assume you mean Jimenez...we already paid the 50K, but in order for Boston to get him back they must pay us 25K
        Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Houston paid the 50k, then sent him to us. So Houston is -50k, Boston is +25k, we're +25k

Comment

ok so boston would still owe us 25K, there
            Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Just a little random update. Jimenez got into his first professional game this year. He is now with the Bakersfield Blaze, the Advance-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I was so lost when I saw this in the unread posts.

Comment

lol. I know he was only with us for spring training, but I thought it would interest someone on here.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I thought we were interested in Ubaldo bummer

Comment

I was confused by this thread starting from the top. Then I saw it's over a year old.

Comment

Working...
                      X