Full Name: Daniel Lee Jennings
    Born: 04/17/1987
    Birthplace: West Des Moines, IA
    College: Nebraska Lincoln
    Height: 6' 3"
    Weight: 190
    Bats: L
    Throws: L

Selected by the Florida Marlins in the ninth round (268th overall) of the 2008 First-Year Player Draft out of the University of Nebraska.

Promoted to Jupiter: http://www.news-record.com/content/2...oc_for_hoppers
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

After 11.2 scoreless innings in Jupiter, Jennings has now been promoted to Jacksonville.

Looks like he's definitely on the fast-track now.

Comment

I mean each team has like 5 games left (not including the playoffs for JAX)... I wouldn't take much from this promotion

Comment

You don't think it's a vote of confidence for this guy, calling him up to AA when there are so many guys still in Jupiter who have been there for much longer than he has? Certainly he's passed Andrelczyk in their eyes.

Comment

well yea, Pete got slapped around a bit in Jupiter since his promotion

Comment

Just wondering, is he related to FO Dan Jennings?

Comment

No.

Comment

So when does he get a chance?

He's walked a lot of guys, but most of those walks came right at the beginning of the season. The rest of his numbers are outstanding.

Comment

Well he's in Double-A, so I guess whenever the Marlins want.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Jennings Suspended

Left-handed pitching prospect Dan Jennings has been suspended for an undisclosed number of games. Jennings, who was in Double-A Jacksonville, has a 2.56 ERA in 37 games out of the bullpen for the Suns.

I'm trying to find out the length of the suspension. I assume it is just a two or three game suspension due to throwing at someone, but I'm not sure.
                        --------------------
                        Update: Jennings was suspended for 3 games for throwing at a Huntsville Stars' batter.
                        Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-24-2010, 04:46 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

kinda got worried there until i read throwing at someone

Comment

Yea. I kinda jumped the gun a little. I saw he was suspended and then I made the post while thinking it may be just for a beaning. I then texted someone and found out what it was, but the post was already made so I just went with it.

Comment

Jennings done for 50 games

tested positive for Methylhexaneamine (PED)

Comment

Working...
                              X