Marlins Make Up for Yesterday's Shutout to Bash Astros, 16-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Make Up for Yesterday's Shutout to Bash Astros, 16-4

I just got back from the game. Sitting with the scouts was awesome! I was literally surrounded by them! Dan Jennings also came over to talk to the scout before the game. That was cool. He was way to close to me for me to get his picture without him knowing so I don't have a picture.

FWIW, I did see a depth chart that one of the scouts had (he was wearing a White Sox world series ring but I'm not 100% sure who he is working for now). His depth chart didn't have anything too surprising on it. He had Gaby at first and West as the 5th starter. Everything else I'm sure you can all guess.
    --------------------
    Some thoughts from the game;

Penn looked really good. I still don't think he fits with our plans but hopefully he keeps pitching like this and we can get something of value for him. One of the scouts loved his curveball.

Stanton is just downright awesome! Lee didn't even move when Stanton hit his homer. He also made an awesome catch in the outfield and had a super long hit later in the game. I was talking to another Marlins fan (some guy from Bradenton so I don't think it was any of you) and told him "and to think he's only 20". After I said that, this other guy in front of me turned to his dad and said "he's only 20?". That was cool.

Volstad was working on his slider today. Most of the hits he allowed were off the slider. After he threw the first of his slider's today, he had the scouts talking.

Brett Carroll had himself a day! He was downright awesome! Maybe he was pissed off because the scoreboard people misspelled his name. I took a picture of it. I'll post it in a minute.

Other than that, nothing else jumps out at me.
    --------------------
    Here's some pictures.

Hanging with the scouts!

Stanton batting the pitch before his homer

Stanton makes it 2-0 after his homer

Uggla makes it 3-0 after going back-to-back with Stanton

Penn throws a pitch in the first inning

Somebody needs to proofread

Volstad warming up before he pitches the 4th

I'm a Marlins roadie again! (Second consecutive year I've seen the bus on the way home)

And if that wasn't enough...

They will be filming us tomorrow for

Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 03-10-2010, 05:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Didn't take many pics because camera died.

Mbaamin did you hear that fan yell "CARROLL YOU'RE HORRIBLE".....next pitch home run. Everybody was giving the dude shit. I asked Brett after the game if he heard the guy and he started laughing and said, "you saw what happen".

I couldn't tell if the ball was fair on Stanton's 1st home run because I was trying to follow the ball on the cam, failed. You can still tell it's smoked off the bat.

some teaching

Fredi BP

look who I found

BC

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fICmb1-fWVc[/ame]

Comment

Yeah, I heard that. The guys in front of me kept calling him Bert. They really had no room to talk because they're own announcer guy called their dude, Chris Johnson, Chris Jackson. Not once but twice.

So that was you I saw! I thought so but I wasn't sure.

I kept trying to read what the scouts were writing. I was also watching the radar gun readings when the guys in front of me had them going.

Comment

Jack! BC!

Comment

Working...
        X