2010 Spring Training Rotation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
    Okay, fine. If you guys want to ignore the stats that that guy stated in the article and would instead rather focus on stats, that's your right. Just quit bashing me for actually agreeing with what that writer said.
    Do you think Volstad should be entitled to a spot in the rotation after his performance last season?

Comment

• Originally posted by McLevin View Post
      So did Volstad use the 2009 season as a laboratory too?
      What part of "spring training" in that sentence did you not understand? It's a new year. Clean slate.

Comment

What part of "spring training" in that sentence did you not understand? It's a new year. Clean slate.
        Well, then, by that logic, Penn and Hensley are lightyears ahead of Volstad

Comment

• This thread seems to be going in a circle.

We've already been to this part of the thread like 3 times.

Comment

• Let's try Boner at third. Fuck it. New year.

Comment

• We could bring Jorge Julio back cause its a new year clean slate right?

Comment

ohmygosh

Who else gets a clean slate?

Nick is right about the circles thing though, but my goodness

Comment

• I agree with mba's point that the small sample size of spring shouldnt be the greatest factora.
                  mba, i think alot of the bashing is coming from you bashing of west and miller's performance in ST, citing it as reasons why theyre shitty, while refusing to admit that same sample size can be accurate in volstad's case.

i really think this is a stupid issue, the remarks or no longer funny and now seem malicious.
                  Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                  Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                  Tom Koehler(4-0)
                  AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
                    I agree with mba's point that the small sample size of spring shouldnt be the greatest factora.
                    mba, i think alot of the bashing is coming from you bashing of west and miller's performance in ST, citing it as reasons why theyre shitty, while refusing to admit that same sample size can be accurate in volstad's case.

i really think this is a stupid issue, the remarks or no longer funny and now seem malicious.
                    West and Miller have had trouble throwing strikes. That is what I was complaining about with them. That has not been Volstad's problem but everyone choses to ignore that I'm looking at other things other than stats for the pitchers therefore everyone says I'm using a double standard.

Whatever, I'm done arguing about this. All you guys want to do is bash me and I shouldn't have to put up with this day after day.

Comment

• ohmygosh

Comment

West and Miller have had trouble throwing strikes. That is what I was complaining about with them. That has not been Volstad's problem but everyone choses to ignore that I'm looking at other things other than stats for the pitchers therefore everyone says I'm using a double standard.

Whatever, I'm done arguing about this. All you guys want to do is bash me and I shouldn't have to put up with this day after day.
                        What else are you looking at other than stats?

Comment

good grief

Comment

• If you're fighting for a job, using it as a laboratory to tinker is not a good idea.

If you're using it as a laboratory to tinker and it's not working and giving you a horrifically inflated stat line, stop using it.

Under either standard, Volstad's failing. I hope it's not that hard to understand.

Comment

• Wow, three pages of this huh. I'm glad I fast forwarded thru it. Let me guess how it went:

Swift prolly used multiple paragraph arguments which were well thought out but way too long while Beef made one sentence zingers. Mba got offended and Ramp was always right.

Comment

• I think when the manager says, hey, we're coming to the end of camp here, so, uhh, take off the white coat and stop making this a laboratory and try to be effective, try to make outs and not give up runs, because we're trying to see now who can win a spot in rotation, the pitcher should then try to win a rotation spot, not to see how low he can get that sinker. I mean ST stats don't matter to an extent, but when there's a position battle, it matters. The "laboratory" leash only goes so far.
                                --------------------
                                EDIT: What swift said up there
                                Last edited by Metes; 03-20-2010, 02:03 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X