No announcement yet.

2010 Spring Training Rotation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is incredibly naive. Hitters in ST are working on as many things as pitchers. It isn't just about going up there and getting your hacks in. Hitters are working on their swings all the time anyways.

Comment

• Oh bullshit. Hitters work on different approaches and taking certain pitchers the other way, etc. and as you said, working on their timing. Let's pretend all they did is work on timing, why would results matter for hitters then? Not everyone is the same and some guys take a little longer to knock off the rust than others.

C'mon Mba.
      --------------------
      And that last line is complete bullshit. Jesus.
      Last edited by Mainge; 03-19-2010, 09:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
        I gon give you the benefit of the doubt next time
        ohmygosh, nevermind

Comment

• So, nobody agrees with the guy that wrote the article other than me? Because that's what I have been saying ALL ALONG. I'm not a professional writer so I probably did not express it as well but EVERYTHING IN THAT ARTICLE IS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY! But I guess you guys would just rather bash me and call me stupid than listen to me.

Comment

• Why would anybody listen to somebody who apparently cannot get her point across despite have so many chances

Comment

• You guys are still arguing about this....3 pages later?
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• i dont understand all the hullaballoo. volstad sucks and we all know it, masters thinks it's because he's working on stuff, everyone else thinks it's cause he sucks because he sucked last season and wasn't working on stuff. there. let's all eat some dessert
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                  So, nobody agrees with the guy that wrote the article other than me? Because that's what I have been saying ALL ALONG. I'm not a professional writer so I probably did not express it as well but EVERYTHING IN THAT ARTICLE IS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY! But I guess you guys would just rather bash me and call me stupid than listen to me.
                  MBA, we know what you're saying we just don't agree with it.

Comment

• I don't get why this has to be so hostile...

It's spring training, it's ultimately meaningless as far as regular season success goes. If Hensley and Penn blow in the season and Volstad is great, will anyone be surprised because of Spring Training?
                    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 03-19-2010, 10:24 PM.
                    poop

Comment

• Shit gets frustrating after so much ridiculousity and frustration leads to hostility

Comment

• Okay, fine. If you guys want to ignore the stats that that guy stated in the article and would instead rather focus on spring training stats for less than 10 innings, that's your right. Just quit bashing me for actually agreeing with what that writer said.

Comment

• i know it does but whatever. you should know you aren't going to change the way she thinks though.

love is blind, you know
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• While anxious fans are apt to get wrapped up in the results, it is training camp, and pitchers, unlike position players for whom the key is repetition, use it as a laboratory.
                            So did Volstad use the 2009 season as a laboratory too?

Comment

Okay, fine. If you guys want to ignore the stats that that guy stated in the article and would instead rather focus on stats, that's your right.
                              ::that noise Lewis Black makes::

Comment

So, nobody agrees with the guy that wrote the article other than me? Because that's what I have been saying ALL ALONG. I'm not a professional writer so I probably did not express it as well but EVERYTHING IN THAT ARTICLE IS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY! But I guess you guys would just rather bash me and call me stupid than listen to me.
                                But I showed you that that's not what you've been saying all along. And you spun it like batters dont work on anything and that spring matters to them. You just go with whatever excuse protects Volstad the best, be it rain, sliders, or whatever.

I'm done. There is literally nothing anyone can say to convince you of how unreasonable you're double standards are.

Comment

Working...
                                X