Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrew Miller Changing His Delivery, Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Miller Changing His Delivery, Again?

With Andrew Miller, who has been wildly inconsistent, mechanics are key. St. Claire has examined video of Miller and suggested he return to his high school pitching delivery. Miller, a tall, angular left-hander, has undergone one tweak after another, but to no avail.

``A lot of it is just to get my arm slot back to where it was more natural,'' Miller said. ``Basically, it's lower and a lot more fluid. It's a fine line between not completely ditching everything and starting back over to what it was in high school.''
    Pitching coach Randy St. Claire's job: hone Florida Marlins' quality arms

This should be fun.

Wouldn't this be delivery number 3 since he came over from Detroit?

Comment

Delivery #3, change of delivery #2.

Comment

Third times a charm.

Comment

``A lot of it is just to get my arm slot back to where it was more natural,'' Miller said.

What the hell does THAT mean. It means Wiley made him throw in an UNnatural motion???? What??? This doesn't make any sense because the point was to make his delivery more repeatable and fix his overall mechanics so he doesn't blow out his arm. They are making your delivery more UNnatural, as that's the only way you can get a fastball by a hitter.

I mean, I'm cool with giving him a wild unrepeatable delivery, being awesome for 2 years, trading him for goodies because we don't want to pay him next to other cooler starters, then him blowing out his arm for aforementioned wild unrepeatable delivery reasons where we don't have to worry about it. That sucks for Miller if that's the only way he can throw and be productive, but as Def Leppard says, it's better to burn out then fade away.

Comment

I don't think it's necessary his delivery, I think it's just that his suck is too plentiful.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I said it last year and I will say it again: if "fixing" him takes 4-5 mph off his fastball (as was the case last year) I'd rather take him and his "broken" delivery.

Comment

I'd worry more about his line to home plate than his arm angle.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                  but as Def Leppard says, it's better to burn out then fade away.
                  *Neil Young

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                    *Neil Young
                    You can have him. I'll take Pyromania.

Comment

Brother gonna work it out.
                      This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
                      Edmonton Ice Bats
                      2007 Teal League Wildcard
                      2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
                      2010 Teal League Wildcard
                      2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

Simply a lame unsubstantiated feeling I have but I do not see Miller making great strides this year.

Comment

Working...
                        X