Marlins and Mike MacDougal Part Ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins and Mike MacDougal Part Ways

The Florida Marlins bolstered their bullpen Thursday by agreeing to a contract with former Washington Nationals closer Mike MacDougal. Agent Rex Gary said MacDougal, a right-hander, will sign a minor-league contract with an invitation to Marlins spring training. Pitchers and catchers report Friday.

After being released by the White Sox on April 30, MacDougal signed with Washington and converted 20 of 21 save chances last season. With the Nationals, he had a 3.60 earned-run average and batters hit .247 against him. MacDougal, 32, began his big-league career with Kansas City and made the All-Star team in 2003.

The Marlins have said Leo Nuñez will enter camp as the closer, but MacDougal adds to the bullpen's late-inning depth.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/brea...y/1487842.html

like it

Comment

He gets ground balls, strikes batters out, and limits homeruns, but gives up hella walks.

So, like everyone else in the bullpen, he does a few things well, but has one potentially crippling defect that, if corrected, would turn him into a legit late inning arm. He's a risk worth taking, especially on a minor league deal.

Comment

yeah, minor league deal is real cool

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
          yeah, minor league deal is real cool
          agree completely
          CSBC Commish

Comment

i like this
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

New Orleans is going to be loaded
              Originally posted by Matt Wilson
              Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
              Tom Koehler(4-0)
              AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Watched him while he was with the White Sox. He will only dissapoint. He has great movement/stuff but he goes 3-2 on almost everyone and I really think with his max effort delivery he has no clue where the ball is going. I would not get my hopes up on this one... I was glad to see him go as he was painful to watch other than our 2005 WS run.

Comment

At this price, it's a good signing. He certainly made Nats games interesting in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by nc42dad View Post
                    Watched him while he was with the White Sox. He will only dissapoint. He has great movement/stuff but he goes 3-2 on almost everyone and I really think with his max effort delivery he has no clue where the ball is going. I would not get my hopes up on this one... I was glad to see him go as he was painful to watch other than our 2005 WS run.
                    All this logic aside, MacDougal is the only guy I can ever remember straight up buckling Albert Pujols, back when Mac was with KC, he threw a curve that almost killed his knee.
                    CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post
                      All this logic aside, MacDougal is the only guy I can ever remember straight up buckling Albert Pujols, back when Mac was with KC, he threw a curve that almost killed his knee.
                      I agree his stuff looks amazing but he just doesn't know where it's going. He is the opposite of smooth. It always amazed me that someone didn't make more of an attempt to smooth his delivery out somewhat to help his command. However, maybe he scares the crap out of guys...

Comment

All your former closers belongs to us.
                        This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
                        Edmonton Ice Bats
                        2007 Teal League Wildcard
                        2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
                        2010 Teal League Wildcard
                        2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

Wasn't this the guy who kept blowing fastball after fastball by the Marlins late last year? I could be totally wrong.

Comment

released
                            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

joecapMARLINS: RT @masnBen Cut by #Marlins, Mike MacDougal signs minor-league deal with #Nats w/ a spring training invite.
                              Via Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X