So I Went to FanFest Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I Went to FanFest Today

Holy shit it was packed. And that's with people coming and going too. I can't imagine how crowded it would be if everyone was there at the same time.

It ran from 12:00 to 6:00 and I was actually pretty suprised that there was no thread about it (if there was and I missed it then I'm a tool for the day).

I ran into The Hurk. He's not as dorky looking in person.

The had everyone go out through the big tunnel. Parking was FREE. I was suprised.

It felt about 60 degrees outside of the stadium and about 72 degrees inside the stadium because of the decrease in wind.

The lines for everything were really long and the live band they had were these 16 year olds that had the vocals mixed way down so it looked really weird.

The weather was about as perfect as you could draw up in your head.

I spent about 2 hours there and then bolted.

Anyone else go?

Weather was way too cold but that's me

The town hall meeting in spanish was an incredibly impressive display by the fans
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

Comment

Samson came as close as possible to saying Miami would get the 2015 ASG as one could without actually confirming it.

Beinfest says Helms is Plan B if one of Gaby or Logan fails to win 1B.

Apparently the 35 questions on long term contracts weren't enough for the 35 people who proceeded to ask more long term contract questions.

Some lady wanted to know if the stadium would have bike racks. ?????

Another one said he'd never go to the new stadium.

SZ nailed it. The Spanish language town hall is waaaay better than the English version.

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
        Beinfest says Helms is Plan B if one of Gaby or Logan fails to win 1B.
        Wouldn't that make Helms Plan C

Comment

I put them in the same plan because it is a competition and no one can be considered a legitimate front-runner.

I thought about it though!

Comment

Before the general townhall meetings, they also had trivia questions. The moderators for the spanish one were Yiki Quintana and the other Cookie Rojas. I got the first question they asked me (who hit the first Marlins homerun in their history) and got an MLB.com gift card for $25. Not bad at all!

Rich Waltz and Tommy Hutton did the trivia for the english townhall. Their questions were a bit tougher, but were multiple choice. Also on a couple occasions Rich would stress one of the choices, as to make it easier for the person answering.

Townhalls were very interesting and fun! Oh yea, and there was this one guy that mentioned that Hanley was going to be making like 15 mil this year. LOL!!! The front office guys, along with Hanley, were smiling on that one. Also someone mentioned that it would be nice for the Marlins to have a "throwback jersey" night. They said they would talk it over with Marketing.

By the way, the lady that mentioned the bike racks was sitting next to me. She seemed kind of odd.

Got lots of pictures and lots of autographs. Found the best place to get them was right before the press conferences as the players walked out of the Club level elevator and were pretty good about signing on their way to the townhall meeting. Got Dan Uggla's down in the clubhouse - everyone else in the club level.

Comment

I really doubt Helms is plan C. Hate him as you will, Bonifacio is still better than Helms. Beinfest is probably saying that just so that there isn't any thing in regards to Bonifacio or other young players (JJ2) and so instead the focus would be on the grizzly veteran.

Comment

Wasn't much of a turnout for the Spanish townhall. I really miss that they aren't doing 11:30 townhalls for VIP anymore.
                This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
                Edmonton Ice Bats
                2007 Teal League Wildcard
                2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
                2010 Teal League Wildcard
                2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

Infield Box and Fish Tank are already sold out for Opening Night

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                    Infield Box and Fish Tank are already sold out for Opening Night
                    2010 or 2012?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X