Frisaro: Marlins Haven't Talked to Branyan [Updated]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frisaro: Marlins Haven't Talked to Branyan [Updated]

• Fish food: Could the Marlins be a potential destination for Russell Branyan? They've been looking for a left-handed bat off the bench, and they're not sure whether either of their first-base options (Logan Morrison and Gaby Sanchez) is ready. So they could be a definite fit for the only remaining free agent who made 30 home run trots last year.

• In the Fish tank: More stuff we've heard on the Marlins: They're in on a bunch of free-agent relievers (Park, Gregg, Calero, Joe Nelson, Seth McClung). And while they're still telling teams they'd talk about Dan Uggla, it's hard to see a match at this point. All the teams we've heard connected to Uggla at any point (Giants, Orioles, Braves, Rockies, Mariners) have moved on.
    He hits majestic homeruns

I'd like Russ Branyan. Lots of HRs and Ks are fun.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Branyan would be amazing on a 1 year deal. Let's us slowly work in Gaby, and keep Logan in AAA the whole year. Sorry Jimenez, but whatever on that.

Comment

I fucking hate "news" like this.

Comment

Big Russ is for me. This news gets a little bit of pre-cum flowing.

Comment

I was thinking a couple of days ago about this and I'm a huge supporter of a one year deal. Mets were the biggest player for him and they seems set with tatis. Imagine the power with hanley uggla and Russ in the lineup
            Originally posted by Matt Wilson
            Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
            Tom Koehler(4-0)
            AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

I would do it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
                Big Russ is for me. This news gets a little bit of pre-cum flowing.
                It's not "news" though. It's jason stark going "Russ Branyan still needs to be with a team, and the Marlins are looking for a left handed batter. Let's ignore the fact that Branyan wants to start, wants a 2 year deal, ect. Let's just combine these the fact that the Marlins are after a left handed bench player, and Branyan is left handed, say their a potential match, and call it news"

fuck this shit

Comment

Well yes, I glossed over it initially. It's just speculation by a writer. But I am not a fan of fucking shit, too messy.

Comment

hey nny

Marlins made a 1 year offer to Russ, plenty of incentives

Comment

oooo
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

sick power in our lineup if we pick him up
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

does he have any other offers on the table?

Comment

I'm on the fence about this move.

I'd still rather use all resources, whether they're guaranteed or incentive based, on a starting pitcher to flesh out behind JJ/Nolasco and in front of Anibal and Miller/Volstad (the loser of those two spends some time in AAA).

Find a way to get that legitimate #3 starter, well, really the #2 because Nolasco is the perfect NL 3, and I think we're 90ish wins quite easily.

Comment

I like the move. The lineup needs a lefty power bat, his presence adds a lot of balance. Also, Russell is for me. Also, incentives are for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X