Derrick Turnbow Signs Minor League Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick Turnbow Signs Minor League Deal

The Marlins reached an agreement on a minor league deal with reliever Derrick Turnbow, tweets ESPN's Jerry Crasnick.

Turnbow, 32, hasn't been effective in the Majors since 2005 with the Brewers, a season that prompted Doug Melvin to give him a three-year, $6.5MM extension. Amid a rotator cuff injury, Turnbow logged a total of 30.6 pro innings the last two years. The Rangers released him from their Triple A club in May. The Marlins have resurrected the careers of many relievers, but Turnbow wil be a challenge.

The Dodgers, Diamondbacks, and Rockies were among the other teams interested in Turnbow.
    Not bad...used to be good.

Get his brother to use his magical healing powers of Jesus on him and we're good.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Also signed Jose Veras to minor league deal.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Not a fan of signing either. I'd rather go after guys who have been owning up the minor leagues (like Sanches, Gardner, Miller, ect) and just haven't gotten a fair shot. Jose Veras is 30 years old and has 130 mlb IP. He is who is he. Turnbow, well, he did at least have that one good year so you hope he turns back into that.

Comment

Weren't they going after Turnbow last year, or maybe it was two years ago?

Comment

I'm an advocate for any deal that adds depth without costing to much, therefore the signing are for me
            Originally posted by Matt Wilson
            Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
            Tom Koehler(4-0)
            AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

I absolutely love this deal.

Comment

big fan assuming he isnt closing and has to win a spot
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                  I absolutely love this deal.
                  What makes you "love" this deal?

Comment

Originally posted by FishFF View Post
                    What makes you "love" this deal?
                    Very low-risk with a potentially high-reward. Turnbow has great stuff, and this franchise has a habit of revitalizing relief pitchers.

Comment

Gotcha, that maybe makes me like the deal but not necessarily love the deal. I love H2R. I don't love DT.

Comment

In watching Turnblow here in Milwaukee I hope he has gotten his head together. He is a head case one walk will turn into 3 or 4 and then a big inning. If he is the good Turnbow its a great signing

Comment

The Palm Beach Post reports that Marlins RP Derrick Turnbow is starting to ramp up his velocity after being limited to eight Triple-A games last season with a labrum tear. "It's getting there," Turnbow said about his velocity. "As spring training goes in the warmer weather and we get into the season, it'll start going back up to 95, 96 consistently when I pitch."
                          Could our pen be better than last year?
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                            Could our pen be better than last year?
                            Yes it easily could but it also could easily be much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                              X