Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the People Who Brought You 'YOU GOTTA BE HERE', 'GET HOOKED' & 'GET HOOKED UP'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think is deserving of a chuckle because it is pretty weak, but I don't think it's the little phrase on the banner of the website and flashed on the end of a commercial that is depended upon to get people out to the stadium

Comment

at least its not unserious fun
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Well, once the new homerun sign goes off who wouldn't want to get in on ALLLL THISS FUN!!!! ysayyyyyaya

Comment

Are the voters on marlinsbaseball.com working for the marlins marketing now? Man that's horrible
          Originally posted by Matt Wilson
          Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
          Tom Koehler(4-0)
          AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

i laughed a lot
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
              I think is deserving of a chuckle because it is pretty weak, but I don't think it's the little phrase on the banner of the website and flashed on the end of a commercial that is depended upon to get people out to the stadium
              I don't believe I was implying causation.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I thought you was. But anyway, thinking about this slightly more as I clicked on the thread again, I don't think this is as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It is pretty silly. But, I bet most teams don't even have catch phrases or whatever you want to call this. It's just some crap on an internet banner. It kind of reminds me of something I would expect from a minor league marketing group and I don't think that is so wrong here. This is a team with what tends to seem like a minor league fanbase. It's also a fanbase that didn't grow up with this team. I think bein like, hey folks, look, there might be other things to do, but why not cum out and watch a baseball game? It'll be fun, we promise! You can even giggle at fat guys dancing and look at minor league stripper titties. So cum and enjoy the festivities at a baseball game!

Comment

Originally posted by FishFF View Post
                  Well, once the new homerun sign goes off who wouldn't want to get in on ALLLL THISS FUN!!!! ysayyyyyaya
                  Thanks. I had finally forgotten about that abomination.
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                    This franchise has no right to complain about not getting people to get out to the games if that is the quality of the marketing department.
                    The slogan and to an extension marketing has absolutely no bearing on the attendance. The South Florida market is pretty simple: win and people will come. Lose and no one gives a shit.

Comment

The_Godfather!!!! How it is? You married that married lady yet?

Comment

The_Godfather!!!! How it is? You married that married lady yet?
                        OH come on man, give me some credit. Smart enough to have ended that a long, long time. Haven't had sex with her since Wednesday.

Get in on it!!!

Comment

The sex with her? The sex with you? Both?

Comment

The sex with her? The sex with you? Both?
                            It was a general statement for both.

Get in on it!!

Comment

"Hanley," Prince Fielder said, referring to Florida shortstop Hanley Ramirez, "does stupid stuff."
                              Now that should be our slogan

Comment

So I decided to look at some of the other site slogans floating around Major League teams. All of them are shitty, not just us.

Oakland: "Green Collar Baseball"
                                Cleveland: "Are you IN The Tribe?"
                                Detroit: "Always a Tiger"
                                Los Angeles: "This is My Town" (Did John Mellencamp write that one?)
                                San Francisco: "It's MAGIC inside" (Are you fucking kidding me?)
                                Seattle Mariners: "Believe Big"
                                Washington: "Get Your Red On"
                                Pittsburgh: "Pride. Passion. Pittsburgh Pirates"
                                Kansas City: "It All Happens Here"
                                Chicago (A): There are Traditions. And Then There Are White Sox Traditions"

The best one by far, though:

Atlanta: "The Excitement of Turner Field"

That is a complete list of every banner slogan on MLB.com Official Sites, so I'm not just picking the worst of the crop.

I'm not saying it could be worse, but by the looks of it, it's not like it could be much better. These are all laughably bad.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X