Uggla Signed for 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uggla Signed for 2010

joecapMARLINS: #marlins sign Dan Uggla to $7.8 million contract but may still trade him before opening day
    via Twitter

Lou almost nails another one.
    poop

Comment

I had $7,750,000. I'm taking it as a win.

Ricky is the only that I'm just perplexed about. Even with his injury and inconsistencies, $3.8 is just way low compared to the Bush, Blanton, and other guys around. But hey, good for the Marlins.
      --------------------
      The update

C John Baker $415,000
      1B Gaby Sanchez $405,000
      2B Dan Uggla $7,800,000
      3B Jorge Cantu $5,500,000
      SS Hanley Ramirez $7,000,000
      LF Chris Coghlan $410,000
      CF Cameron Maybin $405,000
      RF Cody Ross $4,200,000
      B Emilio Bonifacio $415,000
      B Wes Helms $950,000
      B Ronny Paulino $1,100,000
      B Brett Carroll $415,000
      B Jorge Jimenez $405,000

SP Josh Johnson $3,750,000
      SP Ricky Nolasco $3,800,000
      SP Andrew Miller $2,000,000
      SP Chris Volstad $415,000
      SP Sean West $415,000
      RP Leo Nunez $2,000,000
      RP Dan Meyer $415,000
      RP Brian Sanches $415,000
      RP Reynel Pinto $900,000
      RP Burke Badenhop $415,000
      RP Rick Vanden Hurk $415,000
      RP Anibal Sanchez $1,200,000

$45,560,000

My prior post had Cantu at $6, but I just see so much $5 stuff floating around with him I've arbitrarily (no pun intended) just lowered that projection by half a million because maybe his lack of playing time will really hold him back from meeting his "Casey Blake" potential.

The original numbers for Cody, Leo, Pinto, and Anibal are all still there though.
      Last edited by lou; 01-18-2010, 04:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Uggla and Marlins Avoid Arbitration

$7.8 million, more to come.

Comment

Oooh... this is awkward...

Comment

JCRMarlinsbeat: RT @MarlinsMedia Anibal Sanchez and Renyel Pinto each agreed to one year deals for 2010 avoiding salary arbitration.
            Not sure on salaries yet. More to come.

Comment

joecapMARLINS

#marlins anibal sanchez gets $1,250,000 for 2010
              -twitter

Comment

MIAMI -- After being the subject of trade talk since the end of last season, Dan Uggla has reached an agreement with the Marlins on a one-year contract on Monday.

According to a source familiar with the negotiations, Uggla will make $7.8 million in 2010. By reaching an agreement, Uggla avoids going to an arbitration hearing.

The Marlins formally announced the agreement late Monday afternoon.

"It feels good to get this out of the way," Uggla said. "I can't say that I'm going to for sure be a Marlin, because no one knows that. But I feel with the situation I'm in, I'm happy to be with the Marlins. I love it down there. They worked really well with me to come to an agreement, so I don't have to go to an arbitration hearing. So I'm happy."

Uggla, 29, is a two-time All-Star second baseman, and the only player in Marlins history to post three consecutive seasons with at least 30 home runs.

An All-Star in 2006 and '08, Uggla batted .243 with 31 home runs and 90 RBIs in 2009.

Florida actively shopped Uggla throughout the offseason, but the team made it clear it wouldn't just give the power-hitting second baseman away.

Last year, Uggla and the Marlins were unable to come to terms on a deal. Uggla won his arbitration hearing, and he made $5.35 million.

There is still a chance the Marlins could trade Uggla before Opening Day. But indications, for now, is that the team plans on retaining the slugger for one more year.

Throughout the negotiations, the Marlins never discussed a long-term deal with Uggla.

Uggla made it clear on Monday that he hopes to be with the club.

"I hope so," he said. "They gave no indications to me that they're going to trade me or anything like that. It's something that is out of my hands. So I don't really put too much thought or worry into it, trying to figure out what is going to happen. They've been great to me.
                from Frisaro
                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Working...
                X