Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphin Stadium Re-re-re-renamed Sun Life Stadium

Definitely could be worse.

MIAMI -- The Marlins' home for the next two years will be known by yet another name for the 2010 season.

The football/baseball facility in South Florida, which is currently called Dolphin Stadium again, will be renamed Sun Life Stadium, after the company Sun Life Financial reached a deal with the NFL's Miami Dolphins to be the stadium's new naming-rights partner, according to SportsBusiness Daily.

An official announcement is expected Wednesday, as Sun Life's deal is for five years and averages about $7.5 million annually, unnamed sources told SportsBusiness Daily.

Dolphin Stadium, which fields the Dolphins, Marlins and University of Miami football team, will be hosting the NFL Pro Bowl on Jan. 31 and Super Bowl XLIV on Feb. 7.

The Marlins' current stadium has undergone its fair share of name changes since the franchise's inaugural season in 1993. It started with Joe Robbie Stadium, then went to Pro Player Park, Pro Player Stadium, Dolphins Stadium, Dolphin Stadium and then Land Shark Stadium for most of the '09 season. It then reverted to Dolphin Stadium following the FedEx Orange Bowl on Jan. 5, and now it will be known as Sun Life Stadium.

The Marlins are scheduled to move into a new baseball-only facility for the 2012 season.
    http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=fla
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

not bad, I guess

Comment

Comment

I don't mind that.

Though I actually liked the Landshark logo for the stadium.
        poop

Comment

That's not too bad.

Comment

This stadium is becoming almost as annoying as that Sean Puffy Combs/Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Diddy guy was.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
            X