So 2010 Depth Chart/battles/whatever Atm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So 2010 Depth Chart/battles/whatever Atm

So now with the whole MLBPA thing being on the Marlins, it looking likely we're keeping our arb players, we have a lot better idea of what 2010 is gonna be looking like.

locks:

C: Baker
    1B/3B: Cantu
    2B: Uggla
    SS: Hanley
    LF: Coghlan
    CF: Maybin
    RF: Ross

Back up C: Paulion
    Back up corner RHB: Helms
    4th OFer: Carroll

Battles:

1B/3B: Gaby Sanchez, Logan Morrison, Emilio Bonifacio, Jorge Jimenez
    Back up MI: Emilio Bonifacio, Hector Luna, Danny Richar, Brian Barden, Donnie Murphy
    Back up corner LHB: Jorge Jimenez, Bryan Petersen, Scott Cousins

The only LHB guy I can think on the market that could take a MILB deal would be Frank Cat. I wouldn't be surprised if we fill this like we did with Gload last year, let guys battle it out in ST and if no one steps up trade for someone with a MLB contract that his team doesn't want.

Back up MI is looking like ass if Emilio isn't starting, as the only one that can hit anything (Luna) plays horrible defense and shouldn't touch SS. I'd say Barden is my early preference, for his defense (Which is what the spot should be for).

SP Locks:

1: JJ
    2: Nolasco

Battles for 3-5

Andrew Miller*
    Hayden Penn
    Anibal Sanchez*
    Ryan Tucker
    Rick Vanden Hurk
    Chris Volstad*
    Sean West

*= my assumed favorite to break camp with

BP Locks:
    Leo Nunez
    Dan Meyers
    Brian Sanches
    Renyel Pinto
    Burke Badenhop

battles: Too many to bother listing for final 2 RHP slots, though with RVH and Sanchez out of options, if they don't make rotation they go there. And if Pinto is traded, battle between Hunter Jones and Taylor Tankersley commences.

Anyone/thing I miss?

Where do you think West go? Pen? or Minors?

Comment

I'd say minors with him being the defacto guy if someone sucks/injured. Anibal is out of options, and with the ML time Andrew and Volstad have racked up so far I just assume they get the first shot (And Andrew is gonna be making a couple mil, and they've already shown that Andrew making money = Andrew pitching in the majors).

Comment

Though I find it very difficult to think Nuñez won't be just handed the job, I really want to see Tucker get a shot at the closing job in ST. He's certainly got the stuff for it - let's find out if he has the makeup.
        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
        - Daft

Comment

I hear Tucker stops by Sephora at least twice a month, so I'm confident he has makeup.

Comment

It is pretty scary to think that Nunez will be just handed the closer roll. That's just not right but it is likely.

Comment

Splurge on Valverde and that problem is solved.

hehe, i just made myself laugh.

Comment

Yeah, we should make Valverde our 2nd highest paid player. That's smart.
                poop

Comment

Working...
                X