Marlins Sign Minor Leaguer Chris Schroder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Sign Minor Leaguer Chris Schroder

The Marlins signed reliever Chris Schroder, who posted a 2.22 ERA in 56.6 Triple A innings last year.
    mlbtraderumors
    Originally posted by Matt Wilson
    Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
    Tom Koehler(4-0)
    AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Marlins Sign Minor Leaguer Chris Schroder

•The Marlins signed reliever Chris Schroder, who posted a 2.22 ERA in 56.6 Triple A innings last year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...01-pitch.shtml

Pretty good with the K's.
    This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
    Edmonton Ice Bats
    2007 Teal League Wildcard
    2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
    2010 Teal League Wildcard
    2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

Championship.

Comment

WGWTWS
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

FGUALOA
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I'm not too big of a fan (in regards to him becoming the next Nelson/Miller/Gardner/ect), fly ball pitcher and lots of walks

K's are certainly awesome though

Comment

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=7437

in the same update, the marlins also signed of Jeff pruitt, only 22. Drafted by the cubs in the 23 round in 2009, signed but shortly voided after. Does anyone know why?
              Originally posted by Matt Wilson
              Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
              Tom Koehler(4-0)
              AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
                http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=7437

in the same update, the marlins also signed of Jeff pruitt, only 22. Drafted by the cubs in the 23 round in 2009, signed but shortly voided after. Does anyone know why?
                The Cubs have signed 25 of the 50 players they selected in the June Draft, but two of the players they signed (17th round pick RHP B. J. Dail and 23rdround pick OF Jeffrey Pruitt) had their contracts voided last weekand are now free-agents. (Even though their contracts were voided, Dail and Pruitthave probably lost their remaining college eligibility)

The exact reason for the contracts being voided has not been disclosed, but it could be because a player tested positive for a banned substance, ora pre-existing medical condition was discovered, or because the club failed to submit a contract to the MLB office in a timely manner, or failed to add aplayer to a minor league reserve list within 15 days after signing the player. Since the Cubs got fined a reported $500K for screwing up contracts last year, I'll put my money on a club error as the reason Dail and Pruitt have been declared free-agents.
                That was from the almighty Cubs Reporter on Facebook...only thing I could find from a Google search.

http://gomatadors.cstv.com/sports/m-...tt_jeff00.html

He's an intriguing prospect, 6'5'' and put up some steal numbers and apparently can walk a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by DropkickAlex View Post
                  He's an intriguing prospect, 6'5'' and put up some steal numbers and apparently can walk a bit.
                  Yeah, I like the signing. With his size he should hit for good power down the road, plus his speed. Could be a Corey Hart kinda player in the sense that he's really tall, hits for power, and steals a bunch of bases (Corey Hart's black right? Otherwise that comp won't work!!!!)

He has some maaaaaaaaaaaajor contact issues though. Struck out a ton and hit just .212 last year. And while he does have size, he also hit 0 home runs. .212/.326/.268/.594

Comment

Jai Miller Clone.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                      Yeah, I like the signing. With his size he should hit for good power down the road, plus his speed. Could be a Corey Hart kinda player in the sense that he's really tall, hits for power, and steals a bunch of bases (Corey Hart's black right? Otherwise that comp won't work!!!!)

He has some maaaaaaaaaaaajor contact issues though. Struck out a ton and hit just .212 last year. And while he does have size, he also hit 0 home runs. .212/.326/.268/.594
                      With a name like Corey how do you figure he could be anything but white. Thus, you can't compare him to a non-white player. That's like, against the law, I think.
                      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post

Corey is a big white farm boy. lol

Comment

Tall, white, with flowing blonde hair I might add
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Yeah, I was just being cute about the whole "can only compare players of the same race" thing, and I knew everybody knew corey was white but knew most everyone wouldn't know what color this player is.

Though Jai miller is a lot better comp lol

Comment

Working...
                            X