• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landshark Stadium is Renamed Dolphins Stadium

LandShark Stadium Is No More
    Stadium Reverts Back To Old Name

POSTED: Wednesday, January 6, 2010
    UPDATED: 2:26 pm EST January 6, 2010
    MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- LandShark Stadium is no more.

LandShark Beer's one year contract with the Miami Dolphins expired after the FedEx Orange Bowl Game on Tuesday night, according to the team.

The stadium is once again known as Dolphins Stadium. At least for now.

The team said it is negotiating with potential suitors, but it is not clear if a naming rights deal will be reached by the Super Bowl, which will be played at the stadium on Feb. 7, 2010.

Copyright 2010 by Post-Newsweek Stations. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed
    http://www.justnews.com/news/22150028/detail.html

They're looking for another company to give naming rights to? Are they trying to figure out how many different names a stadium can have over a year's time or what? I can't wait until we get out of there so we hopefully won't have to worry about this anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
      They're looking for another company to give naming rights to? Are they trying to figure out how many different names a stadium can have over a year's time or what? I can't wait until we get out of there so we hopefully won't have to worry about this anymore.
      I can't wait for the Fish to get out of the stadium for many reasons, but I assure you that this is not one of them...the name of the stadium is totally irrelevant to what the Marlins do

Comment

It's just one of many reasons I can't wait for this Fish to get out of there. It's just annoying that the same building has had a half a dozen different names in the past 16 years.

Comment

Well it's sorta relevant. What does it say about the new stadium's chances of getting a naming rights deal when the stadium down the street that hosts the Dolphins, UM, the Orange Bowl and the Super Bowl can't get a corporate sponsor?
          --------------------
          Probably that the Dolphins are asking for too much money but you get the picture.
          --------------------
          Off the top of my head it's been:

Dolphins Stadium
          Joe Robbie Stadium
          Pro Player Park
          Pro Player Stadium
          Dolphin Stadium
          Dolphins Stadium
          Land Shark Stadium
          Dolphins Stadium
          Last edited by Party; 01-06-2010, 10:28 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I liked the landshark name for it. It was at least a fitting south florida name.

Comment

It's going to be Walmart-Jenny Craig Stadium
              Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

CHEESEBURGER IN PARADIIIIISSSSEEEE!!!!
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

According to the Miami Herald, Sun Life Financial, a Canadian-based financial services company, is in serious discussions to acquire naming rights for Dolphin Stadium.
                  Miami park reverts to Dolphin Stadium

Comment

Sun Life Stadium would fit that place.
                    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                      Sun Life Stadium would fit that place.
                      Yeah, I can absolutley roll with that. I was hoping a South Florida business would step up.

Comment

Can we please just go back to its rightful name after the man who fucking built the place with his own money and hard work??

To any local over the age of 18 it will always be Joe Robbie Stadium.

Comment

You know damn well it will be Sun Life Financial Stadium. For a Canadian company to go into a new market they want people to know their name and what they do. Sun Life Stadium tells people dick.
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

So I'm guessing they're a company that exports maple syrup then?
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                            X