No announcement yet.

Carl Pavano's South Florida Return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Carl Pavano's South Florida Return?

tjfla in the Cody Ross thread:

Carl Pavano is almost 80% gonna be back with us. We are working out a deal with Cleveland with the prospect we send them depending on how much they pay on his contract.

Eh, I guess he'd be alright as a fifth starter.

Comment

Ya unless some team wants to pick up his contract and give them a prospect he has a good chance of coming back.

Our biggest problem is we want them to pick up his contract

Comment

He had some excellent starts in the first half.

/off top of my head

At the very least he is an upgrade at #5

Comment

Garbage

Comment

This also doesn't mix well with the Cody Ross rumor. To me, dealing Ross means that we're not playing for this year. However, if that's the case, then why get Pavano for the #5 spot?

Comment

Absolute garbage. Hideous garbage. He gave up like 12 homers last night to Anaheim and his ERA is in the 5's. Might as well call up Chris Seddon instead if we want to suck at 5th starter.

Comment

Better yet, trade Logan for Seddon

Comment

Ya I had been thinking the same thing. Like I said the only thing that makes sense is the team thinks we have enough hitting and need arms?

I know we want a SP tho

Comment

Considering we don't have a fifth starter and we barely have a fourth, it wouldn't be catastrophic. I'd like us to look elsewhere but Pavano has had some decent outings in the last 2 months or so.

Comment

he has really good peripherals

Comment

I'm sorry I dont get how anyone could want this guy.

He's 8-8 with a 5.66 ERA and a 1.41 WHIP

Comment

I'm okay with this as long as we only give up like some fish sticks and a large soda for him.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post

Because he has almost a 4 k/BB ratio, and has probably been unlucky with hits this year.
                            poop

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post

3.82 K/BB and 4.36 FIP and his home runs extremely likely go down going from AL > our park. His HR/FB right now is almost double what his HR/FB was while he was with us. Though to also be fair his KK/BB is also the higehst it's been in his career so that likely goes down aswell. But he has a .335 BABIP and a 63% LOB, those should even out to the norm

Comment

Working...
                              X