Van Horne is a Frick Finalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Horne is a Frick Finalist

Ten of baseball’s most beloved and honored broadcasters were named today as the finalists for the 2010 Ford C. Frick Award, presented annually for excellence in baseball broadcasting by the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.

The 10 finalists for the 2010 Frick Award are: Billy Berroa, Skip Caray, Tom Cheek, Jacques Doucet, Lanny Frattare, Graham McNamee, Jon Miller, Joe Nuxhall, Herb Score and Dave Van Horne. The winner of the 2010 Frick Award will be announced Feb. 1 and honored during the July 23-26 Hall of Fame Induction Weekend in Cooperstown.
    Good luck to him.

DVH loses his way sometimes but he has one of the best baseball voices out there.

Comment

Wow with some of those names on there, DVH is gon have to wait alittle longer.

Comment

I for one really don't care for his radio calls. He has the classic radio voice, but sometimes it's painful to listen to him call games. I prefer a guy with a little more energy myself. Boog was one my favorites along with Joe Angel

But none the less, good luck to him. He has been at it for a very long time and that at least is commendable.

Comment

Working...
        X