No announcement yet.

Cody Ross Rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do that V-Mart trade in a second, if other moves are made for that piece to make sense.
    Christian Yelich
    LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
    12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
    100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
    .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bucklin12 View Post
      I do that V-Mart trade in a second, if other moves are made for that piece to make sense.
      Agreed.

I think that deal would be a steal, to be honest. V-Mart is an elite offensive talent.

Comment

The problem is what is his contract,unlike most teams we actually have to look to see what a guy is making..

Yankees see Harang and say nice pitcher maybe he can help us
        Marlins see Harang and say how much does he cost? nice pitcher can't afford him

Comment

CC doesnt seem to fit in the FO's plans. They rather have boner play 2nd or 3rd, and CC doesnt have the bat for a corner outfielder, or the ability to play CF. So trade him to a team that want a young,MLB-ready middle infielder for a real 3rd or LF
          Originally posted by Matt Wilson
          Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
          Tom Koehler(4-0)
          AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

TJ; were those V-Mart/Halladay proposals true, or is that just you speculating?

Comment

Originally posted by m26555 View Post
              TJ; were those V-Mart/Halladay proposals true, or is that just you speculating?
              Sorry not true,just was saying on what teams were start a discussion for

Comment

Timeout. Those deals you mentioned can't be real. We could get Victor for Coghlan and Sean West? Deal.

Comment

Read post above you.

Comment

I was too busy hyperventilating at that point. my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                      Timeout. Those deals you mentioned can't be real. We could get Victor for Coghlan and Sean West? Deal.
                      NO NO NO NO

Just was saying what the discussion would start at, he would cost ALOT more and highly doubtful they even consider it now that they dealt Garko

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        I wonder if Cody's defense makes up for .200 points of offense from Hammer

(not being a dick, legit wondering)
                        hammers of defense is fine now he's better if you need a corner bat and cody's defense doesn't translate to the corners like you think it would considering how well he plays cf but obviously if you need a cf bat cody > hammer

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Here u go guys ill try to keep u updated throughout the day

We are getting ATON of interest in Cody Ross. Yankees and Red Sox with the most interest.Houston,Detroit,and San Francisco also are interested but doubtful they could compete with the Yankees or Sox. Have not heard any players but he might be gone with us replacing him with Mark Kotsay who was DFA by Boston
                          Well, Kotsay was just dealt to the White Sox, so we can scratch off that possibility (thank God).

Comment

Don't any of you suscribe to the idea of SELLING HIGH! His value wont ever be better that now, he is an above average OF and close to or over 30 years in age if I'm not mistaken. Whats the big deal? We have Maybin and Staton and Morrison (or 1B) to occupy the OF in years to come.
                            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                              Don't any of you suscribe to the idea of SELLING HIGH! His value wont ever be better that now, he is an above average OF and close to or over 30 years in age if I'm not mistaken. Whats the big deal? We have Maybin and Staton and Morrison (or 1B) to occupy the OF in years to come.
                              This is the big deal.

Comment

Well to be honest, I don't think I'll ever be able to shake the notion that Cody is playing over his head. An opportunity to sell him at a high point shouldn't really be passed up in my opinion. However, we need him this year so if you're trying to make a push, you keep him until the offseason (unless it's part of a bigger trade or series of trades that brings in a center fielder).

Comment

Working...
                                X