Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    The deal keeps making more and more sense to me
    Maybe for the other teams involved in the deal.

Comment

Guys u are missing the big picture

Cody Ross WILL NOT be here next year,so get something for him. His value is as high as it will be with NY Yankees and Boston fighting for him.

Jeremy Hermida we have been trying to deal for months.

Its not like we are trading 2 guys who have been untouchable. They both have been sitting there since June and probably are out of the teams future plans. I know we are playing for this year still but like Ramp said seems we are in the if we win this year COOL but we are not expecting it

An OF of Coghlan,Maybin,Carroll or Coghlan,Carroll,Gload or whoever else we would pickup?

Comment

And look I'm in favor of giving Maybin another shot, but there are more ways to do that without shipping off our best (yeah not saying much) outfielder to New York.

How about we target the weaker cogs in the line-ups instead? You know who I'm talking about Beinfest...

...yeah that guy....
        --------------------

Cody Ross WILL NOT be here next year,so get something for him. His value is as high as it will be with NY Yankees and Boston fighting for him.

Its not like we are trading 2 guys who have been untouchable. They both have been sitting there since June and probably are out of the teams future plans. I know we are playing for this year still but like Ramp said seems we are in the if we win this year COOL but we are not expecting it

An OF of Coghlan,Maybin,Carroll or Coghlan,Carroll,Gload or whoever else we would pickup?
        Ok I can understand this. But if we are trading Hermida, I would take a gamble and see if he appreciates between now and October.
        Last edited by Party; 07-28-2009, 01:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

If we make a deal like that, we are simply not playing for this year at all. I'm sorry, but the "if we win, great; if we don't, oh well" mentality does not sit well with me at all. This team is seriously a player or two away from becoming the favorite to win the Wild Card, so I don't get why in the world we'd try to sell high. If you have a team that can win, you stick with it and improve it.

Comment

Yes, but is getting that player or two without mortgaging '11 and '12 possible? If it isn't we should sell off.

Comment

Just find it funny how u guys are all about shipping someone off till u hear what his value is:D

We have supposedly offered Hermida to every team in the league and the only teams interested in listening were Cincy,Atlanta and Seattle.

So u ship him to Cincy for Arroyo or Harang and another player or prospects. Get good value for him finally however we can't afford a 11 mil dollar pitcher so then we ship the 11 mil dollar arm who we can't afford and a GOOD OF who has about a 10% chance of being here next year to a team with a ton of prospects and has no problem trading them.

Comment

Why are we so sure Ross won't be here next year?
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                  Yes, but is getting that player or two without mortgaging '11 and '12 possible? If it isn't we should sell off.
                  I think so. Said player doesn't have to be a star. All we need is another solid bat in this lineup, and that certainly wouldn't mortgage our future.

Comment

if Ross won't be here next year we can move him in the offseason

don't see what the issue is
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Teams want 4 names from us in every deal that is the problem

Logan Morrison
                      Mike Stanton
                      Sean West
                      Chris Coghlan

Cleveland what u want for Victor Martinez-Sean West/Chris Coghlan
                      Baltimore what u want for Aubrey Huff-Chris Coghlan:
                      Pittsburgh what u want for Freddy Sanchez/Andy Laroche-Chris Coghlan
                      Toronto what u want for Roy Halladay-Logan Morrison/Sean West/Chris Coghlan:

Comment

Originally posted by Sub Zero View Post
                        Why are we so sure Ross won't be here next year?
                        That's what I'm wondering too. It's not like he's going to cost THAT much.
                        --------------------
                        Teams want 4 names from us in every deal that is the problem

Logan Morrison
                        Mike Stanton
                        Sean West
                        Chris Coghlan

Cleveland what u want for Victor Martinez-Sean West/Chris Coghlan
                        Baltimore what u want for Aubrey Huff-Chris Coghlan:
                        Pittsburgh what u want for Freddy Sanchez/Andy Laroche-Chris Coghlan
                        Toronto what u want for Roy Halladay-Logan Morrison/Sean West/Chris Coghlan:
                        None of those deals would really be THAT bad for us, to be honest. I think if we can get V-Mart for West and Coghs, you do it, and if you can get Halladay for that, you also do it.
                        Last edited by m26555; 07-28-2009, 01:42 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                          if Ross won't be here next year we can move him in the offseason

don't see what the issue is
                          The issue is they know that we are not gonna sign him. Why offer alot when u know a guy won't be there. Every team knows we won't offer him anything because we won't pay 2.5 mil for him

Like last year with Arthur Rhodes we could have offered him arbitration and at least got a draft pick for him,but instead we just let him walk

Comment

i have no problem dealing CC for a bat
                            Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                            Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                            Tom Koehler(4-0)
                            AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
                              Depending on the bat we get in return, of course, but I agree with you, as much as I love Coghs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
                                I agree but they seem to not want too,just saying thats the probem we are having.

Instead of asking for a fair package they want a top prospect/young ML ready player.

Also don't forget guys all of these guys cost money. If Victor Martinez was making 2 mil dollars u dont think we would have already offered them aton?? That is why they liked Andy Laroche,young guy who was cheap and a bat
                                Last edited by tjfla; 07-28-2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X