No announcement yet.

The Fish Tank Weeps: Fish Non-Tender Amezaga; Fan Club Mourns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell, brave Amezaga. Here, at last, due to some cheap chubby guy and his wood elf henchman, comes the end of our fellowship. I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.
    Last edited by Chewford; 12-12-2009, 11:38 PM.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

The 2nd part of the thread title (post semicolon) is unnecessary. 'the fish tank weeps: marlins nontender amezaga' is the way to go.

Bye amezaga. Thanks for playing good defense on the cheap. It's too bad you couldn't stay cheap so we could keep you, but it ain't worth it.
      poop

Comment

I'll run all headlines past you from now on.

Comment

Man, that's getting old.
          poop

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
              <-not a fan
              to be clear, not a fan gomes

amezaga will be back though so no worries

Comment

Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                Scott Olsen was non-tendered.

Would love to see him given a second chance here
                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                  Would love to see him given a second chance here
                  Why the hell would anyone want to? He had torn labrum surgery. Not to mention he wasn't good even before that.

Comment

Yeah, Olsen's selling point was his durability. Maybe you didn't really like the results, but you can pencil his mid-high 4's in for all 32 starts, that's a huge life-saver. Now that it's gone (and let's be honest, labrum surgery is a death knell for pitchers, the successful recovery rate is like 15%, I posted that article a while ago, hopefully on this site and not T&B) his worth is gone with it.

Someone's going to give him a major league roster spot, and he's nothing more than AAA filler until proven otherwise.

Comment

According to Alfredo Amezaga's agent Mike Nicotera, the number of teams who have inquired about his client is "well into double digits."

Recovering from microfracture surgery on his left knee, the Marlins felt it necessary to non-tender Amezaga on Saturday, but the 31-year-old utility man shouldn't have any shortage of suitors now that he's on the open market. Amezaga has a .251/.311/.341 lifetime slashline in the bigs, but hits from either side of the plate and can play a variety of positions quite well. He earned $1.3 million in '09.
                      http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...LB&line=280028

Comment

Good for him. I'd like to see him get his payday.

Comment

He isn't going to get any kind of "payday" coming off major surgery

Comment

Here's hoping we're one of those teams
                            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                            - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                              He isn't going to get any kind of "payday" coming off major surgery
                              I'll give you a payday... it's called a moneyshot

Comment

I'm not shocked at all Amezaga is drawing a lot of interests. He is ridiculously valuable as a role player. Absolutely retarded we decided for some reason not to keep him.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                                X