Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

His Name is Trade Bait (Dan Uggla Trade Talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• melky is not for me
    Originally posted by Matt Wilson
    Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
    Tom Koehler(4-0)
    AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Never understood why Melky Cabrera was such a sought after piece. Unless his defense makes up for his rather mediocre offense in some way.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• He might sniff a respectable OPS leaving the AL East, but he's not a player I'd give up pieces for

Comment

• The Giants signed Mark DeRosa. Does this take them out of the running for Uggla?

Comment

• Originally posted by m26555 View Post
            The Giants signed Mark DeRosa. Does this take them out of the running for Uggla?
            DeRosa is likely to play 3B or LF depending on what Sabean decides to do with Sandoval and a possibly Beltre.

It's a buyer's market. SF can wait as long as they want with the only other quasi-legitimate suitor at the current time being Atlanta. We gon get absolutely raped when this trades happens.

I'm holding out hope Loria decides to spend the money to keep Uggla for atleast half a season.

Comment

• Yeah Giants need an OFer too, and DeRosa is a lot better defensively in the OF than in the IF. It lowers their chances of trading for Uggla, but I wouldn't say it takes them out of it.

Comment

• Yea, im really hating the term "salary-dump" when talking about a uggla trade. Not to be a homer, but the dude is one of the best power 2nd in the league, a 2 time all-star, and still has 2 years of team control. He SHOULD have value, he's a great piece. Im gonna to be pissed when the marlins got absolutely nothing for him.

The more i think about it, i starting to like a Jonathan Sanchez-Uggla Swap, cause the general marlins' fan opinion is that the marlins didnt get enough, while the general giants' fan opinion is that the giants gave up too much. And i think that a sign of a fair trade.

Sanchez would be great in the rotation, and make west/miller expenable to go after a 3rd/LFer like Gamel

Hopefully Uggla's market will expand when Bay and Holliday sign, and team in need of LF like the yanks, mets, red soxs, and Cards will pursuit him.
                Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                Tom Koehler(4-0)
                AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
                  Yea, im really hating the term "salary-dump" when talking about a uggla trade. Not to be a homer, but the dude is one of the best power 2nd in the league, a 2 time all-star, and still has 2 years of team control. He SHOULD have value, he's a great piece. Im gonna to be pissed when the marlins got absolutely nothing for him.

The more i think about it, i starting to like a Jonathan Sanchez-Uggla Swap, cause the general marlins' fan opinion is that the marlins didnt get enough, while the general giants' fan opinion is that the giants gave up too much. And i think that a sign of a fair trade.

Sanchez would be great in the rotation, and make west/miller expenable to go after a 3rd/LFer like Gamel

Hopefully Uggla's market will expand when Bay and Holliday sign, and team in need of LF like the yanks, mets, red soxs, and Cards will pursuit him.
                  I'd honestly rather bank on the potential of West or Miller (especially West) than bring in Sanchez. If he were 24 or 25, then I could see doing it, but he is 27 and still can't seem to "get it." In my opinion, he is nothing more than a left-handed version of Daniel Cabrera; tons of talent, but just can't put it together.

Comment

• Sanchez is nothing like Daniel Cabrera (Or Andrew Miller since people compare those two aswell). Those two did nothing but suck at the ML level but people kept giving them chances because of "potential"

JaSan has basically put up the same exact perirpherals three years running. Neutralizing for HRs, his xFIP the past three years: 4.18, 4.14, 4.19. In '07 and in '08 he had big BABIPs (.367, .327) that inflated his ERA. This year that wasn't the case, and he put up a 4.24 ERA.

You are right that more than likely he is what he is (though pitchers aren't really like hitters in the whole age regard deal). But this is not a Daniel Cabrera or Andrew Miller situation where what they are is shit. He is a #3 pitcher, likely putting up low-4 ERAs from here on out. Now consider that before they traded Tim Alderson, everyone was gaga over him. What was Tim Alderson going to be? A #2-#3.

I mean, what do you expect to get for Uggla? A proven #2? I know people were thinking "omg Javier Vazquez" but that is not an actual option. A #3 is more likely what Uggla will bring back in a trade, not a #2. JaSan is a young proven lefthanded #3 who unfortunately is going to make some cash this offseason. We're not going to do much better than him in terms of ML-proven quality.

Comment

• Sanchez's walk totals are far too high for me to consider him a legitimate number three.

Comment

• I'd prefer to judge players as what they do on a whole rather than just one aspect. That's the same reason Bonifacio gets starting ABs.

Comment

• I understand where you're coming from, but the guy only made it past six innings four times all year in '09. No matter how you look at it, the walks are a major problem.

Comment

• Ah, ok. I can agree with that point then. I don't think that doesn't not make him a #3 but certainly is less valuable than somebody who does eat innings.

Comment

• Twins get:
                              Dan Uggla

Marlins get:
                              RHP Shooter Hunt
                              RHP Alex Burnett
                              2B Brian Dinkelman
                              C Nick Tindall
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• In what world are the Twins affording Dan Uggla (at any rate)

Comment

Working...
                                X