Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

His Name is Trade Bait (Dan Uggla Trade Talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they want to move Jose Lopez supposedly. They could shift Figgins to 2b and call up that one guy with a long and complicated name, I think it's italian or something I don't know. but Uggla would likely be a lot better.

Comment

• tuiasosopo?
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Just Tui

Comment

• Speaking of Tui, worth revisiting the best radio call of all time - http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=374&sid=218287

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            Speaking of Tui, worth revisiting the best radio call of all time - http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=374&sid=218287

Comment

• Lowell deal dead. Wonder if cantu could come up again (and therefore keep Uggla). Or sidestep and trade uggla to texas

Comment

• If I'm the Marlins I trade Johnson and Uggla for Smoak Feliz and Holland and call it a day. Feliz would replace Johnson, Coghlan would go to second, Smoak to first, Morrison to LF and trade Cantu and Sanchez for maybe a REAL 3rd basemen

Comment

• Why trade for a 3rd base prospect when our 19 year old 3B 1st rounder is already in AA? If it is for a stop gap, there are already serviceable stopgaps in the system.

Granted, anything can happen, but Dominguez is progressing quite nicely(and arguably ahead of schedule, although someone like Ramp or lou or bobbob would have to confirm if that is the case).
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I'd say Dominguez is right on schedule

Comment

• http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marli...ger-dan-uggla/

Braves are interested in Uggla, and according to JCR so are the Mariners and willing to deal Morrow

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ggla-buzz.html

also the giants talks are "on-again, off-again"

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/1...atest-MLB-buzz
                      Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                      Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                      Tom Koehler(4-0)
                      AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        I'd say Dominguez is right on schedule
                        I thought it possible. I thought he got more ABs at Jacksonville than he did as well. I thought he was around 150 near the end of the year. Thats what I get for assuming.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Well, Dominguez should spend all of 2010 in AA, and then a best case scenario is summer 2011. He really struggled offensively in AA/AFL, and needs major work from every scouting thing I've seen. I'm cool with them being aggressive with the AA jump and not sitting in Jupiter to pound pitching for 2 months, but I don't think he's a year from being ready yet. I'd still pencil 2012 as the "hope he can start then" year. Basically, gonna need a stopgap in 2011 or make Gaby play 3B.

Comment

• As Keith Law explains:

"Or the Braves could look to deal an outfielder -- either Cabrera or possibly Jordan Schafer -- for a bat. They've been linked in trade rumors to Florida's Dan Uggla, who could potentially slide to first base."

A package of Cabrera and prospect(s) for Uggla? sounds good to me

Comment

• Fuck Melky. He's in arbitration, and already got paid as a Super 2 so he'll be getting a bunch now and next year especially.

Also, fuck Schafer even though he's kind of cool. How about getting the two other guys in the deal; Arodys Vizcaino as the primary piece which is pretty legit, then Mike Dunn who they just got to be a fireballing LOOGY without control that is MLB ready and can fight Hunter and Tank for a pen spot, and then throw in some third pitcher in AA/AAA that throws hard and profiles as a major leaguer. I can get behind something like that. Vizcaino might take 3 full years to develop, but our young minors would be sick with him, James, Hand, Berglund, Kaminska, Olmos, etc.

Pitching, Pitching, and more Pitching, is the deal we need for Uggla.

Comment

• if we get Melky, we riot

Comment

Working...
                                X