Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

His Name is Trade Bait (Dan Uggla Trade Talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad the FO isn't pulling the trigger too soon, make sure we get something good in return. I still think he gets traded.

WE NEED TO CLEAR UP SPACE FOR MORE BONER PLAYING TIMESSS!!!
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
      I'm glad the FO isn't pulling the trigger too soon, make sure we get something good in return. I still think he gets traded.

WE NEED TO CLEAR UP SPACE FOR MORE BONER PLAYING TIMESSS!!!
      Boner playing time won't be an issue. If it comes down to it Hanley will be forced to take a day off every week to give Boner an extra start. Come on he's going to play 162 games and appear at all 9 positions (maybe even at the same time because he's fast enough to do that)

The marlins only need a roster of 1 player and his name is Boner

Comment

• Well Houston might have helped us with Uggla

Houston signed Pedro Feliz meaning one less option for Baltimore and Sabean said SF has no interest right now in Beltre or the big contract he wants

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Well Houston might have helped us with Uggla

Houston signed Pedro Feliz meaning one less option for Baltimore and Sabean said SF has no interest right now in Beltre or the big contract he wants
          Was just about to post this. Boston shipping out Lowell to sign Beltre also limits both of those teams further.

At this point there's only, what, two legit 3b options on FA now, Glaus and Crede? And both obviously have their Q's. Plus I think I read Crede will probably re-sign with the Twins? But don't hold me to that.

I still don't really "get" Baltimore doing it (since Uggla is not valuable as a DH, and Josh Bell is basically ML ready). But Pie plus some pitching? Cool beans man, cool fucking beans.

Comment

• Talks for Uggla seemed dead yesterday but looks like they're coming along again.

According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the Giants' trade talks for Marlins second baseman Dan Uggla have gotten "warmer."
            The Giants have been linked to Uggla since the start of the Winter Meetings, along with the Orioles, Rangers and Braves. The 29-year-old infielder hit .243/.354/.459 this past season with 31 homers and 90 RBI. The Giants desire his right-handed power, which fits well at AT&T Park, and could slide Freddy Sanchez to third base in order to clear a spot for Uggla at second.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
              Plus I think I read Crede will probably re-sign with the Twins? But don't hold me to that.
              that's the word, although they're supposedly making a run at mark derosa

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                Was just about to post this. Boston shipping out Lowell to sign Beltre also limits both of those teams further.

At this point there's only, what, two legit 3b options on FA now, Glaus and Crede? And both obviously have their Q's. Plus I think I read Crede will probably re-sign with the Twins? But don't hold me to that.

I still don't really "get" Baltimore doing it (since Uggla is not valuable as a DH, and Josh Bell is basically ML ready). But Pie plus some pitching? Cool beans man, cool fucking beans.
                What can we get for Uggla from Bal, is Arrieta and Pie too much to ask for, lol

Comment

• He will probably end up in San Francisco. The hold up is like what is reported they wanna wait till the non tender deadline to see who is out there.The Giants need a BAT bad and Sabean has already come out in about 5 different places and said he is not paying 4 yr/40 mil or more for a player(Knocks out Bay,Holliday,Beltre) Uggla is logical because they can just keep him and if he leaves get the 2 draft picks-since unlike us SF has no problem paying there draft picks

The problem seems to be SF does not have too many pitchers to trade and we want pitching. Runzler is almost a given to be in the deal and after that who knows?

Was also said Baltimore is just being used as a smokescreen to show there is some market for Uggla because they also need a bat and Ty Wiggington isn't the best option for 3B-they have cooled on the Uggla and something for Pie,Hernandez and Britton deal due to like it has been said by others Josh Bell about half a season away and they dont believe Uggla can play 3B.What they will probably do is sign a FA for 3 million let him play 3B until July then call Josh Bell up

What probably will happen is Uggla to SF for Runzler and 2 or 3 more pieces then Pinto somewhere since Runzler is ML Ready.
                  Last edited by tjfla; 12-11-2009, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    Cause I mean, Millwood, Guthrie, Matusz, Tillman, and Bergersen has to be the rotation right?

They still have Berken, Arietta, Erbe, Britton, Patton, Hernandez, AND Rich Hill behind that? Meaning they still have 10 starters even if they trade the Marlins two from those back 7? Jesus Christ Baltimore has some arms.
                    You know baltimore is loaded when they leave steve johnson off the 40 man

great pickup for the giants
                    Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                    Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                    Tom Koehler(4-0)
                    AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• During the Marlins' Dan Uggla trade talks with San Francisco, Giants players who were discussed include right-hander Jonathan Sanchez (8-12, 4.24 ERA; no-hitter last season); lefty Clayton Tanner (a top minor-league pitcher) and a midlevel pitching prospect.
                      http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/co...383789-p2.html

Comment

• The Market for Uggla keeps shrinking, the O's just signed Atkins to a one year deal

Comment

• It may come down to the Giants or bust. Come on, bust! (what she said, obvi)

Comment

• Crasnick: SF-Marlins talks hit snag
                            2:06
                            PM ETDan Uggla | Marlins Top Email Yes, the Giants have talked to Florida about Dan Uggla, but the deal looks like a major longshot. "It's not going to go down," one source familiar with the discussions told ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick.

The first big obstacle is financial. The Giants are hamstrung by the Barry Zito and Aaron Rowand contracts, and Tim Lincecum is in line for a mega-raise after back-to-back Cy Young Awards. Uggla is expected to make in excess of $7 million in 2010, and would be tough for GM Brian Sabean to fit into the budget.

The Giants are also hesitant to move Jonathan Sanchez in an Uggla trade because it would deplete a team strength and leave Lincecum, Matt Cain and Barry Zito as the team's only proven starters.

San Francisco continues to look at first base options (Lyle Overbay and Adam LaRoche) and third base alternatives (Miguel Tejada and Mark DeRosa), but they're all too expensive for the Giants' tastes at the moment. Sabean might just choose to wait and hope somebody falls into his lap for a reasonable price.

The Giants are also looking for a stopgap catcher to give Buster Posey a little more development time. Miguel Olivo and Rod Barajas are two possible fits.
                            Got this from another site but I bet it came from here: http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/featu...eatures/rumors

Comment

• Good. Keep the man already.

Comment

• Why would the Marlins want Jonathan Sanchez anyway? He will be due for a raise shortly and outside of the no hitter hasnt been anything special as a pro, and is 27 years old.
                                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X