Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

His Name is Trade Bait (Dan Uggla Trade Talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken_Rosenthal

One team on Uggla believes Marlins will non-tender him if they do not trade him. Fish insist that is not the case - will offer him contract.
    Keep the man.

Comment

There's not a chance they non-tender him

right?.... *loads gun*

Comment

Highly, highly doubt it. I don't think we can be that stupid.

Comment

I mean, even if they can't get the package they want, wouldn't even just saying "listen San Francisco. We'll take Runzler straight up." I mean insane. Then we can get mad they only got a LOOGY, but I mean. There is just no possible way they can non-tender him. There is certainly a market for him, just not the Bumgarner market the marlins want.

Comment

I still say we hang on to him until at least the trade deadline.

Comment

Comment

No way he gets non-tendered, these guys are dum dums, but not enough to do such a skulduggerous thing.

Comment

There's absolutely no chance he gets non-tendered. Idle minds of the same stupid GMs who think Matt Lindstrom is the answer at the back of their bullpen.
                  God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                  - Daft

Comment

#Marlins Don't rule out #Giants Uggla winding up in San Fran. There is still smoke. Also, heard Marlins never asked for Bumgarner in return.
                    http://twitter.com/JoeFrisaro

Comment

Well now I don't know what to believe.

Comment

So you mean these tweets could be inaccurate, or potentially involve hearsay or speculation?

Comment

If the Marlins never asked for Bumgarner and a deal hasn't gotten done yet that tells me either:

1) The Marlins want Jonathan Sanchez
                          2) The Giants never offered Neal, Runzler, and a 3rd piece
                          3) ^ we want a better 3rd piece

Comment

Blech on Sanchez...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
                              So you mean these tweets could be inaccurate, or potentially involve hearsay or speculation?
                              Excited utterances hearsay exception? Present sense?
                              --------------------
                              Originally posted by LocoMarlinFan View Post
                              If the Marlins never asked for Bumgarner and a deal hasn't gotten done yet that tells me either:

1) The Marlins want Jonathan Sanchez
                              2) The Giants never offered Neal, Runzler, and a 3rd piece
                              3) ^ we want a better 3rd piece
                              We can't really afford Sanchez at $40, unless then we start shedding other guys.

Like specifically, Andrew Miller.
                              --------------------
                              So if the Orioles get Millwood and lose Ray, they then have greater incentive to move young SP prospects for Uggla and say, Lindstrom/Pinto, giving up that Britton/Pie/Hernandez deal or insert Arrieta, Erbe, whoever, and we send over Dano and RP?

Cause I mean, Millwood, Guthrie, Matusz, Tillman, and Bergersen has to be the rotation right?

They still have Berken, Arietta, Erbe, Britton, Patton, Hernandez, AND Rich Hill behind that? Meaning they still have 10 starters even if they trade the Marlins two from those back 7? Jesus Christ Baltimore has some arms.
                              Last edited by lou; 12-09-2009, 01:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                                Excited utterances hearsay exception? Present sense?
                                Rule 803 humor. Gets me every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X