Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

His Name is Trade Bait (Dan Uggla Trade Talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't the Giants just overpay for another way-past-his-prime veteran? After all, this worked well in the past (Renteria, Rowand, Dave Roberts, Randy Johnson, etc.)

---

Comments are sweet in that article.

Comment

7:50pm: Baggarly reports that the Giants are not a serious bidder for Dan Uggla. His salary (which could be $7MM or so) and his weak glove limit the team's interest.
      MLBTR

Comment

On the Dan Uggla front, Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News is reporting the Giants have cooled on Uggla because of his projected salary and defense. Uggla is expected to get a nice raise over the $5.35 million he earned in 2009. Still think the Giants are players for Uggla. They're not in on Jason Bay or Matt Holliday. Uggla isn't a bad alternative for a team that desperate needs a bopper.

Unless the Giants are willing to give up Jonathan Sanchez, the Marlins are probably a better match with the Orioles. They're stockpiled with the kind of young, close to major league ready arms the Marlins covet. The Orioles aren't going to move Chris Tillman or Brian Matusz, but they might consider parting with prospects like Jake Arrieta, David Hernandez, Jason Berken or Zach Britton. Two from that group probably nets them Uggla.
        David Hernandez and Jason Berken for Uggla will make me sick.

#Marlins Uncertainty of how Uggla can handle 3B seems to be limiting his market. O's may be cooling.
        http://twitter.com/JoeFrisaro

Comment

good

hang onto him
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I would take Britton and any of those three (preferably Arietta or Hernandez, but Berken if it's a dealbreaker), and not look back. I'd also try to get Pie thrown onto the deal and send them back whatever else they would need.

Comment

At this point, it's so overly evident we're better off keeping him than selling low. Prove that we meant it when we said we can afford to keep him.

Maybe he doesn't finish May with us, but just get some credibility back dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                I would take Britton and any of those three (preferably Arietta or Hernandez, but Berken if it's a dealbreaker), and not look back. I'd also try to get Pie thrown onto the deal and send them back whatever else they would need.
                Balt was OK with the Pie,Britton,Hernandez deal but they are concerned about Uggla playing 3B,so they have cooled on him.

Texas is trying to get Hernandez in the Millwood deal and then flipping him to us for Lindstrom
                --------------------
                Its exactly what they are looking for him tho

Hernandez-ML Ready SP and cheap
                Britton-Young LH SP
                Pie-LF who can play good Defense and be a 4th OF or starter

They asked for

Arrietta and Britton which was rejected
                Last edited by tjfla; 12-09-2009, 11:01 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

If you keep Uggla, you have to trade Cantu, Nunez (the cost change to Lindstrom would push over $40. Running really close here), Anibal, and Pinto. Then you have you know who back at 3B, unless you move Coghlan there, and then you have Carroll/who knows in LF, OR, you have Gaby at 3B, and you promote Morrison and cross your fingers they are both ready for infield corners. And now you only have 5 starters. Keeping Uggla is problematic. We need to get rid of him for pitching.

And Holy fuck if that is true, it's 3B Baltimore. Uggla is a gamer. He'd play it fine. That package would be fine.

Comment

wowsa I'd have been happy with just Britton and fodder but both pie and Britton pretty plz.
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Balt was OK with the Pie,Britton,Hernandez deal but they are concerned about Uggla playing 3B,so they have cooled on him.

Texas is trying to get Hernandez in the Millwood deal and then flipping him to us for Lindstrom
                      --------------------
                      Its exactly what they are looking for him tho

Hernandez-ML Ready SP and cheap
                      Britton-Young LH SP
                      Pie-LF who can play good Defense and be a 4th OF or starter

They asked for

Arrietta and Britton which was rejected
                      Pie, Britton, Hernandez for Uggla is a solid return

Hernandez for Lindstrom would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                        wowsa I'd have been happy with just Britton and fodder but both pie and Britton pretty plz.
                        Probably more pieces to it I could see a Pinto or Lindstrom involved in that deal

They have COOLED big time on him tho,been talking to Pedro Feliz and Adrian Beltre already today
                        --------------------
                        The deal I could possible see done is

Millwood to Baltimore for Hernandez and maybe something(depends on what Texas pays)

then

Hernandez and something(Beau Jones??) to Florida for Lindstrom

Texas big issue right now is they need to clear money before they can do anything
                        Last edited by tjfla; 12-09-2009, 11:12 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

It's all quiet this morning on the Uggla front. Word here is that interested teams might be waiting to see if the Marlins non-tender Uggla -- Saturday is the deadline -- but that's not happening. In other words, the Uggla situation could drag on after the winter meetings.
                          http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/

Comment

If they non-tender Uggla, it's been nice knowing all of you guys. For I will no longer have any desire to do anything with this franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Probably more pieces to it I could see a Pinto or Lindstrom involved in that deal

They have COOLED big time on him tho,been talking to Pedro Feliz and Adrian Beltre already today
                              --------------------
                              The deal I could possible see done is

Millwood to Baltimore for Hernandez and maybe something(depends on what Texas pays)

then

Hernandez and something(Beau Jones??) to Florida for Lindstrom

Texas big issue right now is they need to clear money before they can do anything
                              Supposedly Texas will trade Millwood straight up for Chris Ray if the O's cover all of Millwood contract. If that happens I can't see them still being interested in Lindstrom.

D.Hernandez and Beau Jones will be awesome for Lindstrom, but in all honesty I expect Lindstrom to bring back only 1 (C+) prospect tops.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                                If they non-tender Uggla, it's been nice knowing all of you guys. For I will no longer have any desire to do anything with this franchise.
                                I'll second that

Comment

Working...
                                X