Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

His Name is Trade Bait (Dan Uggla Trade Talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh on Felix Pie. To me, getting Pie in a trade putting him and left and moving Coghlan to 2B would be a lateral move as leaving Coghlan in left and putting Bonifacio at 2B. Aside from a few home runs(maybe, he does bat left afterall), it wouldnt be much difference.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

uh

Felix Pie put up a .763 OPS last season and has room to grow

He also played amazing LF defense, which certainly isn't surprising given that he plays a good CF.

How is that Bonifacio production of .600 OPS with bad defense?

Comment

He put up a .763 OPS last season and has a career .825 OPS in the minors. He's better than Boner. By a lot. Jesus, that's dumb.
        poop

Comment

what they said!

Comment

My buddy just Emailed me and is like these are the boring Winter Meetings cause of this 3 team blockbuster deal between Dbacks,Yankees,and Tigers

Nobody is even talking until they find out what is going on wit it,he says it doesn't even involved any ML talent except Edwin Jackson and Granderson. It is all prospect types like Ian Kennedy,Scherzer,Austin Jackson.

As soon as it gets done there will be alot more talking according to agents
            Last edited by tjfla; 12-08-2009, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Fair enough, but I was basically going by his MiLB track record, which even with last year isnt overly spectacular.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

The SF Giants are talking to the Padres about 3B Kevin Kouzmanoff, but SD wants more than OF Fred Lewis and IF Kevin Frandsen
                Not Marlins related but it scares me that it "appears" the Giants are moving on (Not that Kouzmanoff is that great or anything)

Comment

Originally posted by LocoMarlinFan View Post
                  Not Marlins related but it scares me that it "appears" the Giants are moving on (Not that Kouzmanoff is that great or anything)
                  Sounds like what I said yesterday is happening again. Sounds like San Fran got fed up with our asking price and has moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                    Sounds like what I said yesterday is happening again. Sounds like San Fran got fed up with our asking price and has moved on.

that a good thing in my opinion, the marlins didnt lowered there standards then.
                    Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                    Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                    Tom Koehler(4-0)
                    AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

teams talk to everyone at the winter meetings and all offseason long. i think their preference is still with uggla. they don't want to engage in conversations about uggla, think they're about to get them, and have the deal fall through and nothing to fall back on as plan b.
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                        teams talk to everyone at the winter meetings and all offseason long. i think their preference is still with uggla. they don't want to engage in conversations about uggla, think they're about to get them, and have the deal fall through and nothing to fall back on as plan b.
                        That may well be the case and I hope you are right. Personally I think the Giants are bidding against themselves at the moment.

Comment

That may well be the case and I hope you are right. Personally I think the Giants are bidding against themselves at the moment.
                          Baltimore is interested and SF are even more interested since Arizona got stronger. The 2 other teams to watch are LA Angels(IF Figgins leaves and they can't sign Bay or Holliday) and Boston(Not alot but since NY got stronger they will take a look at Uggla and Adrian Beltre

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Baltimore is interested and SF are even more interested since Arizona got stronger. The 2 other teams to watch are LA Angels(IF Figgins leaves and they can't sign Bay or Holliday) and Boston(Not alot but since NY got stronger they will take a look at Uggla and Adrian Beltre
                            I believe Baltimore interest is mild at best. Do we expect them to give up Arrieta/Britton??? when they need starting pitching and see Uggla as more of a stop gap until one of their top prospect, Bell is ready.

Angels - don't see why they would be interested, unless they concede that Brandon Wood is a bust

Boston - no chance. They will either sign Holliday or resign Bay. Can't see them topping the Giants "supposed" offer if they see Uggla as a LF/DH.

Comment

they should trade Wood for Uggla

:D

Comment

From SF BLOG

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=53124

Says 4 teams are in on Uggla

Comment

Working...
                                X