Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

His Name is Trade Bait (Dan Uggla Trade Talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya that was the plan until San Francisco decided they were only interested in him,this might mean tho that they are gonna shop him around and see if SF makes a better offer or a team that misses out on Bay or Holliday will make an offer

Could be some good news for the guys who hate the Uggla for more than Neal,Runzler and another player deal

Comment

Knowing this organization, I see San Francisco getting fed up with the Marlins asking for too much and they will give up and go after someone else. Or it will look like we have a deal and then Beinfest will ask for one more highly regarded player and San Fran will cut off talks. It always seems to happen one of those two ways. We'll then end up trading Uggla to another team and will get worse players than what we could have gotten from San Francisco.

Comment

The first thing happens all of the time, and isn't really a bad thing.

I can't even remember a time the 2nd thing happened.
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          The first thing happens all of the time, and isn't really a bad thing.

I can't even remember a time the 2nd thing happened.
          Supposedly we were doing that with the, uh, Angels I think it was for Cabrera

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
            Supposedly we were doing that with the, uh, Angels I think it was for Cabrera
            the package from the angels was far worse then what we got in value from the tigers at least at the top of the prospects.

of course still depends on the opinion on miller and maybin

Comment

Originally posted by Fishfan79 View Post
              the package from the angels was far worse then what we got in value from the tigers at least at the top of the prospects.

of course still depends on the opinion on miller and maybin
              I agree, I meant the "we said ok, then said no now add this" thing that she was talking about that Bob said he didn't remember ever occuring. Supposedly, it happened with the Angels, and supposedly they got fed up and ended talks.

Comment

So it's been like 3 years?

That's not too bad, I'm not sure why it should be expected here.
                poop

Comment

Supposedly we did the same thing with the Dodgers vis-a-vis Cabrera too. Ha! Take THAT, Bob. There, TWO instances three years ago.

Comment

Uggla a possibility in Baltimore
                    Count the Orioles in the mix for Dan Uggla.

Among the teams the Marlins have had at least preliminary discussions about Uggla are the Orioles.

The Marlins are believed to be seeking pitching prospects in return for their two-time All-Star second baseman.

Along with Baltimore, the Giants remain interested in the 29-year-old who is coming off a season where he belted 31 home runs and drove in 90.

With Brian Roberts at second base in Baltimore, Uggla would be a candidate to switch to third base, a position he hasn't played in four big league seasons. Uggla played third base in the Minor Leagues.

Indications at the Winter Meetings were that Uggla will wind up with an American League club, unless a deal with the Giants can be worked out. There also is a feeling that there aren't too many club seriously interested in Uggla, a former Rule 5 claim from Arizona.

Ideally, the Marlins would like to deal Uggla at the Winter Meetings, but the team is prepared to hang on to the slugger for at least a few more weeks if their isn't a fit that makes sense.

Earlier in the day on Monday, Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail said the team had not yet had discussions with the Marlins about Uggla.

Marlins officials arrived in Indianapolis later in the afternoon and in the early evening, and the organization began measuring interest in Uggla later in the night.

The Marlins also are in discussions with multiple clubs, as many as 10, for relievers Renyel Pinto and Matt Lindstrom.
                    http://hotstove.mlblogs.com/archives...n_baltimo.html

Comment

Zach Britton from the o's.

kthxbai
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

ALOT of problems with the Uggla to Baltimore deal

#1 They want him to play 3B and he doesn't want to
                        #2 They are going to wait until Holliday and Bay decide what they are gonna do
                        #3 They are looking at pitching more at this moment

It could happen but who knows

The talk around the meetings is Florida wants wayyy to much for Uggla. AL teams like him more because his bat can be put at DH,however the AL teams who are interested(Baltimore,Seattle,Angels) probably want him to play 3B which he does not want to

Also was widely speculated the deal with San Francisco was done but Florida wants pitching and SF won't trade Cain or Bumgarner.Florida does not really like Sanchez

In other words,we will be looking to trade Amezaga,Lindstrom,and Pinto during the meetings and Uggla who knows??

Forgot-If they do deal him to Baltimore,Felix Pie would be apart of the deal along with others
                        Last edited by tjfla; 12-08-2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I guess getting pie wont be bad because it means Cogs is forced to 2b.
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

don't know why it matters if he "wants to" play 3b. he's under contract.
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                              don't know why it matters if he "wants to" play 3b. he's under contract.
                              To us it's who cares but who knows what he is thinking. I doubt Baltimore wants a player who is gonna cry every week in the papers about how he is in a slump cause he is playing 3B

I agree with u,send him there and let them deal with it.But if it was reversed I sure as hell wouldn't want a guy crying about that on my team

Comment

Uggla would get over it just like Soriano, BJ Upton, and the countless other ball players before him who have had to make position switches because THE TEAM NEEDS THEM ELSEWHERE.

Comment

Working...
                                X